Sagem D50/G4 via component...

Does anybody here use the component inputs on a Sagem 50 inch DLP RPTV?
I have tried mine and found the picture to be very dark compared to the HDMI inputs - probably by about 25%. I have the engineer coming tomorrow - want to see if he can fix it while he's here - if there is a problem of course.

Does anybody here use the component inputs on a Sagem 50 inch DLP RPTV?
I have tried mine and found the picture to be very dark compared to the HDMI inputs - probably by about 25%. I have the engineer coming tomorrow - want to see if he can fix it while he's here - if there is a problem of course.

Yes - I have my DVD player connected (576p) via component with no problems.

Thanks guys - turns out there was a problem so the guy replaced the main board (second time in 6 months...) and all is well - for a while anyway...:rolleyes:

nat695

Tiger,

Was it a Sagem engineer that you got out? If so, did you have any problems getting a home visit from them?

I've been hearing stories that Sagem's support for these TV's has gone downhill since they stopped producing the sets.

I've not needed an engineer visit so far, and hope I never do!

Thanks,
Nat

sprattgraham

Sagem use Staffords to do repairs.

Had a tech out a few weeks ago, took about 2 weeks, they had to get some parts.

Tiger,

Was it a Sagem engineer that you got out? If so, did you have any problems getting a home visit from them?

I've been hearing stories that Sagem's support for these TV's has gone downhill since they stopped producing the sets.

I've not needed an engineer visit so far, and hope I never do!

Thanks,
Nat

Customer services at Sagem was appalling to say the least. I originally rang them on March 1st to report the fault. They said they would require proof of purchase - which I faxed of to them that evening. I rang back the next day to confirm they had received it - which they had. They then said an "expert" would ring me later that day so I waited...and waited....and waited. I rang them back a week later and was promised the same again...and again I waited...on March 14th I rang them and threatened them with trading standards. I was again promised a phone call from an "expert". On March 16th I phoned Comet to see if they could do anything...they said it would be repaired under warranty...then...the "expert" rang!!
Well...it was then another 3 weeks until the engineer came and fixed it...so I would agree. I'm lucky though, I could actually watch my set. Some people here suffer the same problems but have no picture...

M

Mudry

I had a problem with component on my set.

The original board in the tv worked great on all the inputs but ocassionally wouldnt switch on. The board was replaced and i immediately noticed a problem with component from the 360. The screen was alot darker and there was a greenish tint to the picture.

Aparently this can be a problem with early revision of the firmware.

After reporting this new problem it did take them a number of weeks and several phone calls to descide that another replacement board was required.

Proir to getting the Wii the only thing I ran thru component to the tv was the 360 at 720p. With the Wii connected at 480p i get a 1 inch border on the picture and it seems to be a little too bright. Does anyone have this problem?

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom