SAGEM Buffer ?

Gregoo

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to buy a new freeveiw twin tuner box.I see argos is selling a Sagem twin tuner for £100 ish ! My question is does it have a buffer at the end of recordings from the guide page.I want to go to the EPG sellect the program I want to record and not worry about a program over run and miss the end.?
All the best Greg..

I do not know about the sagem but the latest Humax software suggests that you can do just that. However it does not work. You will need a sagem user running the latest software update to confirm whether it offers this and if it works.

Thank you I do have a Humax .But it is the Argos Sagem twin tuner I am interested in ,regarding a buffer at the end of a recorded program using the EPG to record and not miss the end due to an over run.!

All the best Greg..

I was not suggesting that you get the Humax but merely pointing out that you cannot rely on the manufacturer's info about the machine. The Sagem may boast a buffer but if you want to be certain that it works the way they claim then ask a Sagem user. Some time ago I bought a Panasonic PVR who's sofware never worked. After many phone calls and emails, Panasonic abandoned the machine hence that is another manufacturer on my black list.
I hope you find what you are looking for.

Ask a Sagem user ! Thats just what I am asking for on the forum,a reply from a Sagem user.
Thanks Greg.

My experience of Sagem is that, if selecting a program from the EPG to record is important, then having a buffer is the least of your worries. The model I had got an over-the-air update - since then the EPG has simply not worked at all, effectively making it a doorstop. Customer support have been a waste of time and money. Then there are all the other issues with frequest crashing, disk space going missing, failed recordings. etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom