SAGEM Buffer ?

Gregoo

I want to buy a new freeveiw twin tuner box.I see argos is selling a Sagem twin tuner for £100 ish ! My question is does it have a buffer at the end of recordings from the guide page.I want to go to the EPG sellect the program I want to record and not worry about a program over run and miss the end.?
All the best Greg..

alnwrd

I do not know about the sagem but the latest Humax software suggests that you can do just that. However it does not work. You will need a sagem user running the latest software update to confirm whether it offers this and if it works.

Gregoo

Thank you I do have a Humax .But it is the Argos Sagem twin tuner I am interested in ,regarding a buffer at the end of a recorded program using the EPG to record and not miss the end due to an over run.!

All the best Greg..

alnwrd

I was not suggesting that you get the Humax but merely pointing out that you cannot rely on the manufacturer's info about the machine. The Sagem may boast a buffer but if you want to be certain that it works the way they claim then ask a Sagem user. Some time ago I bought a Panasonic PVR who's sofware never worked. After many phone calls and emails, Panasonic abandoned the machine hence that is another manufacturer on my black list.
I hope you find what you are looking for.

Gregoo

Ask a Sagem user ! Thats just what I am asking for on the forum,a reply from a Sagem user.
Thanks Greg.

gerabold

My experience of Sagem is that, if selecting a program from the EPG to record is important, then having a buffer is the least of your worries. The model I had got an over-the-air update - since then the EPG has simply not worked at all, effectively making it a doorstop. Customer support have been a waste of time and money. Then there are all the other issues with frequest crashing, disk space going missing, failed recordings. etc.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom