1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagem Axium - Picture Settings Advice

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Mose, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Mose

Mose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    I have had my Axium for a few weeks now, and although I am over the moon with it, regardless of the fact that I cannot use it for HDMI/DVI viewing, I'm getting increasingly more frustrated in trying to get the picture right.

I want to get the most out of this set and am finding it diffiult optimising the pictures settings. I keep getting "exaggerated" blacks and skin tones are way too "pink". For the life of me I cannot get the settings right, or maybe I am just too impatient.

I have used my trusty old Video Essentials DVD and the THX optimiser, but both discs make the picture look rediculous. I would love to hear from other owners who have managed to get the best picture settings they can.

On a different note.....I am running a DVD-3910 via RGB scart and also have the progressive scan set up as well for NTSC discs. I notice that when I switch to PS to watch some region 1 discs the screen splits in two. What is the main reason for this happening? Am I using the wrong component input on the axium?

Would be grateful for all the advice I can get

Cheers

MOSE

2. Needy

Needy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    switch your progressive scan on and wen the screen split change the comportment wires in to AV7 the dvd shall play on progressive scan now..... remember too switch the source on :cool: