Sagem Axium HTD 501 HD Ready or not

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by karan_thakkar, Mar 13, 2006.

1. karan_thakkar

karan_thakkar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sagem Axium HTD 501 HD Ready or not?
    Is Sagem Axium HTD 501 HD Ready or not? for example will i be able to get Sky+HD wit out buying any extra things apart from the things sky provide?

2. sprattgraham

sprattgraham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    HTD-501 is not HD Ready but it does support HD

You want be able to use HDMI on the Sky Box as it used HDCP so you will have to use Component connection don't think Sky will provide the cable for that.

3. karan_thakkar

karan_thakkar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so the sagem used HDMI
    Sky HD Box uses HDCP
    how do i convert Sagem Axium HTD 501's HDMI to HDCP?
    product name and price or where i can get it from?

4. dunsters

dunsters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi Karen. It seems you got a little muddled by the last reply.:eek:

HDCP is a security protocol whereas HDMI is a type of cable. You can get conversion cables easily via the web to take a DVI to HDMI connection.:smashin:

All HD system will have to use HDCP to conform to new copyright and piracy protection codes put out by the Hollywood Studios. Some HD material is being made available via DIVX standards without HDCP but mostly low budget or TV programs (and it seems - mostly in German);) .

The old Sagem 50 did not have HDCP software or firmware on board (Sagem field upgraded US versions but decided not to do anything in Europe).:thumbsdow The new 50 and all other size varients of the Sagem do carry full HDCP:clap: . You can buy a DVI multiport device (like the DVI-magic) that does the HDCP decryption internally and forwards raw digital to the TV but this costs several hundreds and there may be better solutions soon.:cool:

Hope this helps

Cheers:hiya:

5. karan_thakkar

karan_thakkar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    THANK YOU SOOO MUCH dunsters

6. karan_thakkar

karan_thakkar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    some1 said that it is not HD ready but it is a HD TV because it has DVI, when the TV was made they didnt have HDCP not they made that standard and they said i can buy a DVI to HDCP converter.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    but my tv has a DVI female so i will need a converter wit DVI male to put in the sagem's DVI female, but what will i need for HDCP male or female? and will that converter make my tv HD ready?
    and this is my sagem [​IMG]

7. sprattgraham

sprattgraham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I said it Supports HD 720p but It will not work with Sky becuase as Dunsters said they will be using a security protocol (HDCP) the first Sagem Model does not support.

So the only way Sky will work is if they let people use Component.