Sagem Axium HDD50H Disabling Freeview Receiver / Service Manual

rtX

Standard Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to completely disable the internal Freeview Receiver on the Sagem Axium HDD50H? I want to use an exterior source for feeding the set. I think the Freeview tuner keeps resetting itself and causes the television to reset. It does this since they changed the Freeview signal (adding more channels). Apparently the NIT does not have enough memory to store all the new channels. Initially, the set would go to a blue 'found new channels' screen repeatedly which was overcome by an engineer disabling the auto channel search/update. But now it seems to cause the tuner to reset a number of times each evening with a message in French saying "DVB en cours d'initialisation. Veuillez patienter". I would also like to do a complete reset of the set.

If anyone can help with the above or give me a link to a service manual I would be grateful.

A crude and simple fix would be to pull the ariel out of the back. Don't know if your tv will continually winge about it but if not then its an easy fix.

I'll try that this weekend. Thanks. It might work. I'll report back.

I found a hardware service manual online for the 45 inch version here. It may work for this larger TV but it is hardware only. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could point me in the direction of a software manual with the emphasis on the 'engineer' type instructions.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom