Sagem Axium HDCP UPDATE

Rossbikeking

Standard Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found or had a update or solution for the sagem axiums 50 inch HDCP problem seeing as i've been away for a while and have come back and now want to use my dvd player but its got hdcp through dvi and i have to watch on analog wires pants...........

Sagem Are Not Going To Release Any Hardware Update To Allow HDCP On The 50 inch

Been Told This By Andrew At Sagem.

And We Probably Want Even Need For Sky's HD Service, Well Not All Of It..

They are some black market boxes on the market already. I have only seen dvi/hdmi to vga so far. Once Sky HD and the likes of Blue ray/HD DVD is launched these boxes should be more comon place.

I cant find the original link evan though I posted it about 3 months ago. I think it was selling for £150.

:)

it dies'nt solve the problem of not being able to use my denon 2910 with a dvi cable which gives far superior picture i think im going to forced to use my laptop with dvi out and watching dvds in high definition 720 that way as there is no encryption on this.

Its a shame Sagem don't offer a upgrade to solve this solution as they Optoma have done in the US. The Sagem 50' is a very good set, I really liked the pic quality. :)

I would of thought that there would be a digital external box availible in the future which would let you use a DVI/HDMI connection. :)

I am hoping (preying) that the new HD56 is going to be every bit as good as the PQ on the HD50. If it is then I am for changing to this and keeping faith with Sagem. I know lots of users of the HD45 were not happy but it seems that that is in the past and so hopefully this new unit will be the best of both worlds. I am struggling to get a demo anywhere and any news on if Comet will stock them to do a deal on my old HD50 but - fingers crossed :rolleyes:

Cheers

Wow, that was quick to crack. A little bit pricey though.

Now I am really confused about which way to jump. With this box I can keep the HD-D50 (which I was always hoping was always going to be an option:clap: ) or for the extra pennies I can upgrade to a HD-D56B (which I have now got myself all excited about:eek: :rolleyes: ) :smashin: :thumbsdow :smashin: :thumbsdow :confused: :confused:

Will a HDCP 'cracker' (actually I read it as a fully legit device, designed for splitting DVI input;) ) like this take a toll on the quality of the input? With a split output I can run one cable to the TV and one to the DVDR (or am I wrong?)

This now gets me thinking about another more universal problem.... There is only one DVI/HDMI socket on almost all TV sets. If I finally get SKY HD source I guess this will use the only DVI socket on the TV and so if then I want to run my DVD (or media player in my case as I have decided to start scouting for one now) to watch a film I will have to switch cables or perhaps hope that there is a two to one input box like the the DVIMagic. :confused: :confused:

OR

Do I run the Sky through the Media centre (or DVDR) and hope that I do not lose any quality on the way through? :confused: :confused:

as it is all in the digital domain there should be no degregation with splitters, if they are designed properly. Also, I believe you can already get dvi switch boxes

I guess I am about to show my ignorance here but .......:rolleyes: (I believe this it is still on topic)

the question is - who does the picture management - The Ski box pumps out Progressive 720p or interlaced 1080i HDTV and the TV (if it has HDCP) manages the result (Great - no problem) ;)

But then .....

if you use a splitter via the DVIMagic box, will the splitter pass through or try and decode the image to get round HDCP? and if so, how good will it's picture management be?:lease:

and then ...

if the signal is sent via a DVD (as there is only one DVI socket on the TV) and then up to the TV instead of direct to the TV, will the DVD box try and remap the picture and then pump out HDTV/upscaled image/BlueRay etc?:lease:

and then finally....

will the TV try and remap this anyway (even if already remapped n times) and via Faroudja DCDi and DMD:HD2+ show its own version of the picture??? :suicide:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom