1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagem Axium HD50 - Perfect Settings?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by mpress, Mar 7, 2005.

1. mpress

mpress

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone fiddled around and come up with the perfect picture settings for the HD D50... if so can you tell me what they are :lease: :suicide:

2. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    set tied on the end of an anchor line lol

3. mpress

mpress

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are probably right!! Shame really absolutely fantastic set and very impressed so far but just discovered the whole HDCP blip! Should have JL changing it for HD45 shortly.... :rotfl: didnt want to drop to 45" but rather that than start out with obsolete model!

4. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry to be so rude.

5. jackuzi

jackuzi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would make sure you can put up with the picture on the 45 before you agree a swap. In my opinion it's not as good. Sorry that's not quite right, the picture is as good but the screen with it's anti-glare coating IMHO has ruined what could have been a 1st class set. Spent 2 hours in Comet today trying to get past the sparklies but ended up with headache instead :mad:

Never mind. Funny thing is, I ended up re-measuring the Tosh to see if I could shoe-horn it into my lounge :) as I think this is a better set now.

6. hifiboom

hifiboom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    maybe it was the same for me, I found the pic on HD45 not as good as on the HD50. I thought it was kind of overcontrasted and too sharp, but maybe it is this sparkling effect, I am not sure.

But if I would give school notes the HD50 would be a 1 and the HD45 a 2.

So the HD45 is not bad, but it didn`t get me out of my shoes :)

so I am with ´jackuzi.

In 3 days a magazin will be released here in Germany, that tested the Sagem HD45. I can post the results here, what they did say, because many of the buyers here said they will write a review after testing, but no one did write one.

7. mpress

mpress

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks yes I would be very interested to see the magazines opinion and will wait before making my decision... thanks! :p

8. NonPayingMember

NonPayingMember
    Previously Liam @ Prog AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +830
    Don't get me started on magazine opinions!!! I will wager that if it's a grouptest the top 3 products, will also be the top three advertisers and usually in the same order.

Perfect settings for when you get your 45" will not necessarily be the same for others. Different equipment, different lighting conditions and other factors will mean they can vary quite considerably. I would highly recommend AVIA or DVE setup discs, they're only 30 quid or so but are the very same discs I would use setting up a screen. Need to spend a little while getting your head round it, but for a perfect picture without paying for calibration this is the best way forward.