Sagem Axium HD50 G4 T2 - Smashed Colour Wheel :(

stu232

Established Member
Reaction score
I was watching tv earlier and I heard a loud pop coming from inside the TV, then it started buzzing and the picture went all weird - colours were all wrong etc.

After reading a few posts on here about similar problems I worked out that it is the Colour Wheel, when looking in via the bulb compartment I can see a huge chunk missing from the wheel.

I tried following a guide I found on here but that as for the 45" model which appears to be very different internally from my model.

Does anyone have a tutorial for removing the color wheel in the 50" version?

:lease:

Which guides are you looking at? Most of the ones I have seen are for the HTD501..

Just finished working on a HD 45, the best way to get at the colour wheel seems to be in through the front, remove the screen, then the plastic hood, then it's all open and exposed. I have a spare colour wheel for a HTD501, not sure if they are compatible with the HD 50 G4 T2, let me know it it is of any use to you...

I've stripped the poor thing down to it's base.

I can get the TV to display a picture but it is only in Black and White.

My trouble in trying to find a way into the little thing that secures the wheel to the body, the wheel is exposed but I'm struggling to get it out,lol

AFAIK the 501 isn't compatible with my model mate, thanks for ther offer though.

I don't suppose you could post a link to a tutorial?

Scrub my last reply, I managed to dig my way down to the colour wheel and get it out. :)

What an awful racket it was making!

I took it out and stripped off the remaining shards of glass hoping that this would stop the horrible vibrations but it only changed the tone of the droning hum.

The wheel has 2 leads coming from it, one is a small ribbon cable and the other is a small white plastic plug, the ribbon appears to supply the power and the plug seems to monitor the wheel.

Little Update...

I've just found a website that claims that the HD501 colour wheel is compatible with the HDD50H.....

This colour wheel works with SAGEM Axium DLP Rear projection TV

Model numbers:
SAGEM AXIUM HD-D45
SAGEM AXIUM HD-D45H
SAGEM AXIUM HD-D45H G4T
SAGEM AXIUM HD-D45S
SAGEM AXIUM HD-D45S G4
SAGEM AXIUM HD-D45S G4T
SAGEM AXIUM HD-D45F G4T

SAGEM AXIUM HTD501
SAGEM AXIUM HD-D50H

So how much are you wanting for your spare wheel mate? :)

Last edited:
Doesn't sound like my colour wheel. Mine only has a ribbon cable leading out from it... Or are you talking about a metal bracket with a sensor board with 2 wires coming out, and the colour wheel with a ribbon...?

If it's the colour wheel from soundandvisionav, then mine certainly looks identical to that. I purchased one from River Valley Electronics about 6 months ago, have got another one stuck in customs at the moment. You can have the older one FOC, just PM me your address, and I'll post it.

Yes mate, I'm talking about the sensor board which is attached to the bracket :)

Thank you very much for your kind offer.

PM sent.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom