Sagem Axium HD-D50 High Definition TV + 2 year Warranty on ebay for £1050

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by rdcox, Oct 13, 2005.

1. rdcox

rdcox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  2. Dan-uk

Dan-uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that Sagem did an HD-D45 and an HD-D56 that were HD Ready and that the HD-D50 was an older model that isn't High Def ?

Or is that these are new models and not yet on the Sagem Website

Cheers

Dan

3. sprattgraham

sprattgraham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    The HD-D50 the first Sagem DLP supports HD but the DVI is not HDCP

4. tntfoz

tntfoz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a reconditioned HD-D50 from John Lewis but returned it after a week because:

a) The DVI wasn't HDCP compliant
    b) We suffered from some nasty rainbow problems - both the missus and I, and the in-laws all saw rainbows except when playing DVDs (via DVI). I suspect even my 18-month old boy saw rainbows (although they were more likely the Zippy, Bungle, et al versions).

However when we arranged for the set to be returned, JLs called Sagem to confirm the HDCP issue and Sagem told them they could upgrade it...so that's a possible avenue.

The set had a beautiful picture playing DVDs via DVI (upscaled to 720p) - Monster's Inc was fantastic for example, but we had so many rainbow problems on other feeds that we were suffering very tired eyes and headaches after just a few consecutive nights.

Although the set is last year's model (with a HD2 (not +) chip I believe), and therefore I'd expect more recent DLPs to be better on the rainbow front, I just can't be doing with the potential of having problems again - so I've gone for a Sony 3LCD set instead. 50" for £1400 with HDMI connectivity (and 5 yr warranty from JLs) should be good...

Regards,

Tim.