Sagem AXIUM HD-D45H-G4 Picture problem?

scud007

Standard Member
Hi All

This is a couple of photos of the screen on my TV.

I've only just got it and was apparently working fine prior to transportation... I have to trust this info....:rolleyes:

Darker areas, such as shaded areas, appear to have green dots or speckles (they move with the picture and may "outline" the object) and bright / light areas appear to have purple dots or speckles. Similarly, these move with the picture also, so there's no static blemishes...

What could be causing this? NB ignore the date on the pics.. I haven't changed the camera settings! :)

purpledots.jpg

greendots.jpg

Grateful for any help!!!

Last edited:

mrfluffy

From the pictures, and the description, it looks like the video processing board is at fault. Does the problem appear that way at switch on, or does it appear gradually over a period of time? Does it appear on all the inputs, or just the one?

scud007

Standard Member
From the pictures, and the description, it looks like the video processing board is at fault. Does the problem appear that way at switch on, or does it appear gradually over a period of time? Does it appear on all the inputs, or just the one?

Hi
Yes, appears straight away from switch on and doesn't get better nor worse over time.. on HDMI and all SCART sockets. I don't have anything else to plug in to try other inputs... :(

From the service manual the boards are;

schematic.jpg

DVBT Board
Mainboard
Formatter board
Amplituner board

Which one has the video processor on it, that I need to change?

Last edited:

mrfluffy

The main board is the video processor, It converts all the signals to what I believe is a DVI signal which is processed by the Formatter board which has the DLP chip mounted on it.

scud007

Standard Member
Interestingly, I seem to have been able to make a significant difference to the picture quality today.

I pulled the whole lot apart and got the compressor busy inside clearing out all the dust.... yuck... there was loads!!!!!! Now the fan is very quiet! :)

After putting it all back together again, I've messed with the user settings and by changing the colour, brightness and contrast, I seem to have got rid of most of the purples and greens!

Not sure what has "made the difference"

My current user settings are:

Contrast 17
Brightness 71
Color 21
Sharpness 4
Tint 50 (can't change this)
Colour temp NEUTRAL

What sort of settings do you have?

My OSD (Menu) "buttons" have the top edge and left edge pink, whilst the rest of the button is shades of grey..

Is this normal? Do you think it's still worth changing the mainboard?

Cheers!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom