1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagem Axium HD-D45. Or Plasma/LCD

Discussion in 'TVs' started by jerkyboy, Feb 15, 2005.

1. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was looking to get a 37" LCD soon until I stumbled on the Sagem Axium HD-D45. This TV sounds fantastic, massive screen, loads of connections, long life, no screen burn, the list goes on.

Would anyone recommend this TV. I plan to use it for DVD's, Gaming (Xbox) and PC use.

Why would anyone buy a Plasma or LCD if this set is as good as it sounds ?.

Are there any problems with this type of TV ?.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

2. M0SNR

M0SNR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got one hopefully bieng delivered tomorrow :) - I'll let you know what my initial feelings are - I viewed the 50" but is a little large for where I want to put it. Keep you posted!

Cheers

3. mattross

mattross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Get it, I guarantee U won't be disappointed if U put it side-by-side with an equivalent sized LCD. U have to factor in replacement bulbs every few years [on average] but I've never seen an LCD that comes anywhere near close to the picture quality of this.

4. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mattross, are there any downsides to this sort of TV (apart from the bulbs).

Is the picture consistant over the entire screen, do you get any geometry problems.

How sharp is the picture during PC use, are we talking High resolution monitor quality.

Are there any problems with lip sync ?.

I am very close to buying the new Segam, it looks fantastic. £2000 for a 45" screnn sounds like a bargain.

5. Yaka

Yaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    anyone tried conecting thier pc to this via the dvi/hdmi ports?

6. digitize

digitize

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Down side, like most RPtvs - OFF-AXIS viewing is not good...

And don't forget, you might see rainbows !

7. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What do you mean by Rainbows ?. I have heard this mentioned a few times but not too sure what its all about.

8. mattross

mattross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I would disagree about off-axis viewing. My HD-D45 is sitting on a Hi-Fi rack over 1M off the ground. I sit about 3M away from it and it's still perfect. My eye-line is dead centre with the sub at the bottom, below the picture. If I move closer the first thing I notice is like a clouding effect where bright portions of the screen are being reflected onto darker areas. The brightness and colour is still good until I get quite close. Not so sure about horizontal angles though, my room is only 3M wide. Others on this board have said horizontal viewing is good as well.

I haven't had any geometry issues, picture quality is stunningly bright across the whole surface, and I'm running it in eco mode constantly. Currently outputting audio from my Pio 575 into my stereo amp [not got my AV stuff setup yet] and I've seen no lips sync problems at all although the manual warns it should be there.

Only problem so far is PQ from standard TV aerial [not freeview]. I will get a decent aerial installed as I know it's not the TVs fault this time.

9. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried hooking up a Games console, if so how do they look.

I would also be interested to know how good a PC looks on this set, is the picture pin sharp when running at say 1280 x 768 resolution.

10. skip

skip
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    all your questions can be answered under the thread sagemHd-D45 has landed