1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagem Axium HD-D45 - Noisy

Discussion in 'TVs' started by MattV, May 12, 2005.

1. MattV

MattV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had my Sagem HD-D45 delivered by JL on Saturday. Was immediately aware of the noise coming from the left side vent, both a fan type noise, and a high pitched whine. JL replaced it today with a new one. This one can also be heard whilst watching. Perhaps not whine, but still noisy.

Quick questions to HD-D45 owners only:

1) Is your HD-D45 Silent?
    2) If not silent how much noise does it make, and does it annoy you?
    3) What type of noise does it make?

2. Den_Lyon

Den_Lyon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I've had my HD-D45 for a few months now.. you can hear the fan faintly in quite moments .. but only if you are listening for it. I barely hear it at all.

The whistling noise shouldn't be there.. a few others have found this fault and returned their sets.

other problems:

The only REAL problem I had was the green tint issue on component connection.. this was promptly fixed by the Sagem team at my home, by a firmware upgrade and an internal callibration.. this is now being performed at the factory.

I do get the motion blur problem (also seen as solarisation / artifacting) but only on Sky channels due to poor bandwidth / high compression. you can't blame the TV as it is trying to fill in space where data should be.

Cheers

Den

3. nigel_williams

nigel_williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Had mine 2 months and can barely hear the fan even late at night. Banding/solarisation problem is vastly reduced now I'm using MCE 2005 with a Nova-T DVB card.

4. Riva

Riva
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had my set for over two months now and have never been aware of a fan noise - the only time I hear it is when I am turning the set to standby before switching off. Very happy with my set!!

5. Apollo11

Apollo11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I had exactly the same problem with my HD-D45, an engineer came out to it and issued a returns note so I now have a 32" crt set again. The high pitched noise is really annoying and varies depending if you have the lamp set to 'eco mode' or not. This was only one of several major design issues with this set (imho) so I am glad to be shot of it.

Just need to find something to replace it now as 32" crt is way to small.

6. MattV

MattV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had it replaced on Thursday. New one is much better, except for a dodgy power cable which would not stay in the socket! Just swapped that for another one.

7. mattross

mattross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I only hear the fan when I power it up or down. Otherwise it's not audible to me.

Is there an e-mail address for Sagem where I can request the greent tint fix/firmware update?

8. Riva

Riva
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try - andrew.gorman@sagem.com

Andrew is the Techical services manager (i think) and is the one who does the home visits to sort out these isues. I found him to be very helpful and proffessional.

9. Mose

Mose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Have had fan noise on the HD-D50 since I've had it, doesnt really bother me unless you are actually looking to hear it!