sagem axium d50 problems

Rossbikeking

Standard Member
Reaction score
Has anyone getting or had the HDCP update from sagem yet i have phoned them about it and they have passed me to the engineers to phone me but im still waiting for a phone call nearly two months later this is with a reminder phone call as well to customer services again.

I was just wondering if they are able to send the cable and disc out on loan or possibly sell a kit or if it is only a engineer only upgrade.

Also has anyone else got the problem of when you link a laptop up to the screen via VGA lead the picture you get on the screen does not fill all of it and sort of sits in the middle.
Sagem said this was also a update issue which would be sorted by the engineers if they ever phone, or can it be sorted by changing some settings either on the tv or by the laptop which is running XP.

Would it also be better to put the laptop through the dvi socket if this would improve the picture or not compared to VGA.

On the issue of HDCP problem again i am running a denon 2910 dvd with the tv which has HDCP through dvi i take it the way HDCP works is to constantly switch the picture on and off if there is no encryption decoder or is this my crap settings on either the tv or dvd.

Any help would be great Cheers Ross........

Your mistake was to buy it if you want HD in this country. It will not work and do not hold out for the upgrade as, if Sagem has to, be a hardware upgrade and expensive to the manufacturer. Sagem has no liability to do this, and as the set was a market tester, and an upgrade would kill profit, well, what do you think will happen? :cool:

You need to adjust your res on your laptop resolution to 1280*720 for it to fill the sagem screen mate.
As for the ongoing Saga of HDCP at present Sagem say thiey will not be prouing what only can be a hardware upgrade.
If your happy with the tv hold out IMO I am sure Sagem will either offer the upgrade at a cost or a device will be created to disable HDCP.

I also have this set, purchased from Comet in Jan/05. After discovering this forum and the Sagem50'/HDCP problem on it, I e-mailed Sagem who said an upgrade was unlikely. Luckily for me, the salesman who sold me the set kept going on about SkyHD which will probably use HDCP and so armed with my e-mail I went to Comet and after speaking to the manager (who was quite knowledgable) was told to wait until the 'dust settled' (ie Sky officially announce they will be using HDCP) until the matter could be sorted out.
I have connected my PC via the VGA input, switched the display properties to 1280/720@60hz and it runs full screen with a cracking picture, so much so I have now purchased a MediaPC which goes in through the DVI connector and runs a treat. Some games don't have this resolution as an option but hey, tis big enough so shouldn't complain.
If you right/click on the desktop and select properties/settings you should be able to at least fill the screen. Good luck.

Have been told by the head of the Sagem D50 in the UK that their will be a press release from Sky with in the next few days saying that they have change their minds and will use component.

I have been battling for months to get Sagem to sort out a problem I have with DVI. I am trying to connect a Mac to the DVI input, but all I get is a 4x3 image sitting in the middle of the screen, irrespective of the resolution setting on the computer. My computer can output many resolutions, but although they change the output within the 4x3 image, I can't fill the screen. Any ideas from anyone will be much appreciated.

Sorry chequers can't help you there. The Sagem seems very good at dealing with different resolutions/aspect ratios from my experience. I haven't used an Apple for years, but is there an additional or overall aspect ratio setting to adjust for panoramic view for instance. It sounds to me like your computer, not the telly is at fault. Then again.........

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom