1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagem Axium connectivity

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by nutsak316, Sep 10, 2004.

1. nutsak316

nutsak316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there folks,

Took delivery of this gorgeous monster on Wednesday.
    I have a couple of questions I am hoping someone can help me with.

Most of my viewing is through SKY. I have purchased and am awaiting delivery of a Shuttle PC to run alongside my Axium.

1. How does the PC use the TV card (Hauppage PVR350) for input and then output through DVI from the Graphics card (Radeon 9800XT)??? Is it processor dependant??

2. Will my picture be any better running through a high end PC??

3. I am hoping to play plenty of games through the TV. What is the maximum resolution I can set the PC to??

4. What is the best bet, cable wise, for connecting my Tosh SD220e DVD player??

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help... :lease:

SakBoy

2. nutsak316

nutsak316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry guys,

I have to bump this one....

I really need some help.....

Sakboy

3. DeeJay

DeeJay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    OK - I can help out on the first 3...

1. The TV and graphics cards you are talking about will transfer video between each other via the PCI and AGP busses without processor intervention, providing you are not using facilities such as Live Pause and Instant Rewind - which require the saving of the video to the hard disk. What you may want to do is record stuff from the TV Tuner card - which may occur in the background and of course use the resources of both processor and hard disk - which could affect the gaming performance. What are you feeding into the TV Tuner? Aerial, Sky & Aerial or something else?

2. Quality - perhaps. Not of the TV signal, however. That is limited by the tuner card - games require a good graphics card, which you have, and a relatively high spec. PC.

3. The native resolution of your TV is 1280x720. Set your graphics card and games to this level, which means that every pixel is controlled by your graphics card. Your TV *can* accept higher resolutions, but it just squishes them down to the number of pixels it has - games look sweet at native 1280x720 (widescreen). I have an Axium/Shuttle set-up and had trouble with getting my graphics card to set this resolution, but it was fixed when I downloaded the latest drivers! If it's not already available - ensure you network your Shuttle to your other PCs in the house - you can't beat 50-inch Googling, jukebox-ing and legal DivX film watching!

My set-up, if you are interested is Sky+ into Scart 1 (using a high-quality Monster cable), PS2 into Scart 2 and Shuttle into DVI. I don't have a tuner card in my Shuttle, since I record stuff using the higher quality signal on my Sky+ box. What do you intend to use the Shuttle's TV Card for?

Hope that's helped. P.S If you find the Sky remote control codes for cotrolling the Axium - please let me know!

Darren

4. nutsak316

nutsak316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much for this.....

To come back to you:

1. I will be putting SKY through my TV Card. I chose to do this so that I had no restrictions while recording programmes onto PC (250gig) as apposed to the 80gig (I think) you have with Sky+. Didn't realise however, that there was an increase in signal quality with SKY+.....

The remote codes.....Unfortunately I use a SONY Commander for use with all my AV equipment, so I can't help you there....

Thanks again...

Sakboy :thumbsup: