1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagem Axium 50 turning off

Discussion in 'TVs' started by chazzatim1, Dec 27, 2004.

1. chazzatim1

chazzatim1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Sagem Axium 50 last week and it is turning itself off. it says in the instructions that if the tv is too hot that the temperature light will come on (which it didnt) and it will take a few minutes to cool down before you are able to turn it bk on. but it tok about 20 mins. I dont know if this is normal or if it is a fault. I have tried the customer help line but they are closed due to holidays. Would appreciate any help.

2. watersa@ntlworl

watersa@ntlworl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not had that happen but on two ocassions the family have reported it being on when they got up?
    I don't understand how that can happen tho? as the set defaults to the antenna when switched on but they reported it to be on a Sky channel.

3. Chris5

Chris5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    Both the axium and optima rd50 will randomly turn themselves on if you dont put your sky box in standby mode

p.s. some might call this a bug, but I call it an undocumented feature

4. watersa@ntlworl

watersa@ntlworl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Chris I'm puzzled how it does it? but I do keep tellin em to turn everything off :lesson:

5. TonyA

TonyA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    There's been a few reports of the RD50 switching itself on by itself.

If its connected via a 21 pin SCART connector to a Sky+ or Sky Digital receiver, and that's left on - its quite possible that the receiver is either trying to poll the TV, or switch formats e.g. when a broadcaster goes from widescreen mode to full-screen.

I can only imagine that this may possibly affect sets that are left in standby mode rather than being fully powered off.

Best thing to do - especially at night - is power the set off (it'll save you a few pennies on your leccy bill too!).

T.

6. chazzatim1

chazzatim1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my tv isnt turning itself on its turning itself off.

7. Chris5

Chris5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    it's not aspect ratio switching because I'm sure it did it when set to ukgold which is 4:3 only transmission

8. mdekkers

mdekkers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    a set turning itself off may indicate a fault. get it checked, chazzatim1.

9. Hellicopter

Hellicopter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    If you have a Sky box connected,try turning off the Scart control.This can sometimes confuse the Sagem when you first turn it on ,as well as the problems referred to above re turning itself on.

10. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    As said above, all the 'problems' have been sets turning themsleves on when connected to Sky boxes. It could perhaps be the box re-starting after a software upgrade, for example. I have in the past noticed that when I've left my VCR in its 'Ext Link' mode overnight, the Sky box did trigger the VCR into life very briefly at some strange time of night. Or should I say my guests, who were staying in the lounge at the time, noticed it.

No explanation here for the switching off. Sounds like a fault to me, perhaps with the cooling system?