1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagem Axium 50 switches on from standby

Discussion in 'TVs' started by tealandsilver, Jan 18, 2005.

1. tealandsilver

tealandsilver
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, my 1 month old Sagem Axium switches itself on when left on standby. This appears to happen after a few hours. In a few posts I have noticed others mentioning that this happens to their sets also, but only with a Skyplus box connected. In my case, I've only got a freeview digibox. Has any-one actually found a way to stop this occurring, short of switching the power off at the rocker switch or mains? Should I be concerned?

regards

David

2. evolution400

evolution400

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Havent had no trouble with mine but I must admit I dont leave it in standby unless I will we switching it on again within the next 10 mins or so because I am very tight and like to save electricty :)
    Use the rocker switch or call sagem to get engineeer out check your software also I am on 0.62

3. Chris5

Chris5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    this is not a fault on a particular set, but a design issue. Optomas do it as well. One of the scart control signal (dont know which one but probably SCART CONTROL) wakes up the tv when in standby mode. Have I resolved the issue? answer: I switch mine off when not in use.

4. Hellicopter

Hellicopter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yes it is the scart control doing this.It will occur for example if the STB box is left on a channel that is switching from 16:9 to 4:3.
    Easiest way to stop this is to snip the wire on pin 8 in the scart lead.
    Do a search on Google for a scart wiring diagram.It is not difficult to identify the correct wire to cut

Alan.

5. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504
    My optoma rd65 switches on when i power up my dvd player or xbox. A good feature as it puts the right channel/input on for tha device. It never switches on without me first switching on a device.
    :)

6. tealandsilver

tealandsilver
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for all the replies. My software version is 62 also. I could understand the freeview digibox switching the set on as Alan mentions but it is also on standby when the tv switchon occurs. I'm timing the switch on now to get a feel for whether it occurs at the same time interval every time or not. After that I'll disconnect the freeview box for a period and confirm that it occurs due to the scart control and when it does I'll get the snips out........ :suicide: :eek:

7. tealandsilver

tealandsilver
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Update: TV took about 4 hours before it switched itself on today. This compares with about two hours previously. I'm away out to the garage to look for my snips..........