Sagem 7280T - How to Record two programmes simultaneously

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by richwill, Sep 5, 2005.

Tags:
  1. richwill

richwill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I know I should know this but it's not covered in the manual. Can anyone advise how to record two programmes simultaneously. Does this also mean I can watch a third? Can they ALL be off the freeview channels (itv2, bbc3,4 etc?)

thanks for any help

rich

2. Dune

Dune

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I don't know as I don't own one but why don't you just try scheduling the recording of two programs that are on at the same time?

Set one up to record using the normal method and then do the same thing again for the second program.

Dave

3. richwill

richwill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Tried that Dave but it doesn't allow you to do it. I also tried to record one on a timer and start another once that'd started. I've now tracked down a number for a guy in Sagem UK who knows about this stuff (allegedly), I'll give him a go and if it doesn't do as it says on the box then I'll be complaining to the relevent people.

Regards

Rich

4. B.W.

B.W.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it is like the Sagem 6 series you won't be able to record 2 chans simultaneously

5. richwill

richwill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    BW you're absolutely correct. YOU CAN'T. I've complained to Sagem about this as the wording on their box is misleading, I've also complained to Argos (whom I believe are the only supplier of this particular model) as their catalogue is also misleading and I've mentioned it to the trading standards people who are now investigating it.

I'll just return this unit and get a Humax 9200 when it becomes available.

Regards

Rich