Sagem 56b new owner

selwyn

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, Just got my Sagem 56B few daya ago, very pleased with most of it Freeview with a Thompson DVR4000 is stunning on the better quality channels and good channels thru my Technomate multi sat receiver thru the RGB scarts, dvd thru the scartis very good until you connect via the component input, its so much sharper, noise free and colourfull I was taken aback that it was so much better, have not got a Progresvie scan / HDMi DVD player yet.

There is one problem, which I did read in one post on the forum , its about Flashing & Level changes in the picture. it only happens thru the component input & it happens more with my Pioneer 565 DVD player than a older Sony 725D. which gives a better picture anyway.

Does anyone Know if this problem can be sorted or does the set has to be exchanged, It would help to have some info before I ring the supplier.

Except for this the set has stunned everone that has seen it.

Hope some one can help, cheers

Welcome to the 56" owners club!:thumbsup:

Great to hear you like the pictures but I urge you to get a Progressive Scan DVD player if you do not want to wait for HD as these show up very very well on the sagem.:)

I have not had the problem you refer to so I suggest you should call support.

Do you need any contact numbers?

Cheers:hiya:

I have a similar problem with my HD-D45 which only affects the DVI I think!
I don't have anything that uses Component so I have no way of testing it.

Andrew is coming to have a look at it again today.

Thanks for replies, a Mate will have a Denon 1920 this week so will be able to check all inputs, just tried the Sony D725 on Scart and component inputs again and it only flashes on component in. Contact numbers would be wecome, going to contact supplier first.

Just tried a Superbit DVD now I can see the difference from standard. (Have Fifth element in both)

Sagem TSG (Help desk) is on 0844 4411299

or you could call 0870 4176016 for the general support line

Andrew Gorman's number (He is B2C product manager) has been posted here before and is 01932 572923 at Sagem or 0784 1203569 mobile (He has always been very good to me) but I have used the help desk first as a curtesy to him.;)
Cheers:hiya:

Thanks for info, have contacted supplier and they are going to look in to it and come back to me, so hopefully get it sorted or exchanged. waiting for the New Sony 910 HDD DVD recorder with HMDI & Upscaling, that looks a good bet to match the TV.

Just found a Component cable for PS2 on Ebay I hope that will prove to be a improvment, any one know if it does?

Definately.

I have the best PS2 cable that money can buy (forgot the brand) and it REALLY did make a difference.

Andrew replaced the part that controls the lamp and it look like it’s fixed it.

I don’t have the flashing anymore.

The part that was faulty is not made by Sagem it comes from the manufacture of the lamps he also said that LG use the manufacture for there lamps.

sprattgraham said:
Andrew replaced the part that controls the lamp and it look like it's fixed it.

I don't have the flashing anymore.

The part that was faulty is not made by Sagem it comes from the manufacture of the lamps he also said that LG use the manufacture for there lamps.
sprattgraham,
are you talking about sudden change of brightness?
It's not noticable with replacement set (it was noticeable with RF channels only, no prob with compobnent).
But when with old set i've sometimes seen screen flickering (like refresh rate going down from 60 to 30 or 20 and then back after few seconds and possible to notice only on PC), with new set it's worse! The lower part of the screen flickering for few minutes sometimes! and now it' clearly seen on RF channels as well :(
The SAGEM support is terrible here. there is no sets in the shops - looks like Germany is secondary market for them.
Could you ask this questions from Andrew? Or may be i can call him myself?
Thanks for help.

thanks again for your replies, just had supplier on and they are following it up with Andrew from Sagem. Plus sounds like there is a cure. brill.

Snap said:
sprattgraham,
are you talking about sudden change of brightness?
It's not noticable with replacement set (it was noticeable with RF channels only, no prob with compobnent).
But when with old set i've sometimes seen screen flickering (like refresh rate going down from 60 to 30 or 20 and then back after few seconds and possible to notice only on PC), with new set it's worse! The lower part of the screen flickering for few minutes sometimes! and now it' clearly seen on RF channels as well :(
The SAGEM support is terrible here. there is no sets in the shops - looks like Germany is secondary market for them.
Could you ask this questions from Andrew? Or may be i can call him myself?
Thanks for help.

Try emailing him. [email protected]

I think he's busy for the next few days so it may take a while for him to get back to you, I sure he will know the person in charge over there and should be able to sort something out for you.

I suppose you could try calling him.

Ive just ordered the Sagem 56" DLP for £1324 delivered, from Digital Direct

Can anyone tell me if it has freeview built in, as some advertise it has and others say it's analogue?

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom