Sagem 45" G4 users & HD E1

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by TOM ALLEN, Dec 29, 2006.

1. TOM ALLEN

TOM ALLEN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hi DLP lovers, hope this isn't a stupid question, but , how have you got it connected.(got the HD E1 today) My amp is about 6 years old so doesn't have HDMI input, I've connected the HDMI lead to the TV and looks good,(have set player 720p)is there something on the tv to set. The sound is crackly, altho' I haven't tried connecting an optical lead from player to amp yet as it's very dark behind the unit.(Torch flat):mad: Also, if I connect the amp by optical, what settings on the player/tv have you used. Apolgies for being a prat, but it's been a long week and no matter how long a look at the manual, the more confused i get.:eek:

Thanks in advance!

2. devbod

devbod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    If your amp takes coax input then try connecting SPDIF Out on the TV to your amp. That way you wont need to switch the amp source when your video source changes. It also inserts the correct delay in the sound to match the video delay caused by picture processing so sound and video synch up.