Sagem 45" DLP - Currys v Comet

Zola_Blue

Standard Member
Reaction score
Currys are selling the HD-D45S for £1399.99 and Comet are selling the HDD45EU for £1499.99.

Apart from the fact that the Comet one has speakers & the Currys one is silver is there any difference between these 2 models? e.g. with the chipsets.

Also are the speakers detachable on the Comet one?

HD-D45S (Currys) has no VGA input and only has one analogue tuner.

The HD-D45 (Comet) has removable speakers.

So if the HD-D4S does not have a VGA input, does that mean you cannot attach a PC to it?

Graham - which version do you have?

I have the HD-D45 (The Black One)

You can connect a PC but you will have to Use the DVI Input.

My dilema is that my tv has to fit in an alcove which is too small to house the HD-D45 with the speakers. If I detach the speakers it will fit in snuggly. Do you think its still worth buying this model even if I discard the speakers?

If you don't need the VGA you could go for the the Currys one it also depends do you like the silver.

apart from the things listed above the TV are the same.

I don't use the speakers on mine

Is the picture quality the same in both models please?
Also is the "frosted glass" screen still an issue with the newer model?
Thanks in advance.

I have the HD-D45S and im very happy with it for pc dvd only downside is the normal tv picture but thats just a waiting game
And on a + note we bought it about 3 weeks ago when it was 1700 from currys then i went online saw the price drop and complained to currys
After a brief chat with the manager we got £300 off :))))))

They frosted screen I’ve never seen.

I think because people have read about a frosted screen when they think of buying it they go looking for it which doesn’t help and your more likely to see it in Comet/Currys as your standing right in front of it.

Zola_Blue said:
My dilema is that my tv has to fit in an alcove which is too small to house the HD-D45 with the speakers. If I detach the speakers it will fit in snuggly. Do you think its still worth buying this model even if I discard the speakers?

Patience grasshopper :lesson:

Sagem have just bought out a 45" model with smaller speakers, digital tuner and 2 HDMI inputs. It's on the John Lewis web site and Comet already have the 50" version on display. price is £1,795 and it should be available in a few weeks. At least consider this before you buy the 'S' version which is the lowest specification of them all, hence the lower price.

Lots of 45" Sagem models in play now so be sure you get what you want, the newest one is the HDD45H G4

hi,can u help whats the picture like from sky on the dlp range 45 50 56 .Going to buy one of these new models but unsure of the picture ,seen hd in comet looks fab ,but only a few chanels going to be available in hd or should I Buy plasma or lcd set, look forward to any advice thanks

hi whats the picture like compared to plasma/ lcd tv's seen hd pitures in comet looks fab but unable to see tv pictures which do i go for to buy :lesson:

hello.
I have one of these TV's.
I'm very happy with the PQ, but there is one thing that is bothering me.
Viewed from a standing position, I can see a white band in the middle of the screen, at the bottom. You can hardly see it from a sitting position, but it is there, especially when you change to a channel with no signal.
Can anyone tell me if this is normal with a projection TV, or should I call Sagem?
Thanks in advance.

That's normal for Sagem i don't know about other brands.

Yes, it's normal.
I've returned my set because of broken side AV-input door and also complained about that white band. I have had hard time to explain it to the company JKD - the service provider for SAGEM in Germany - and he said that's probably the cover of something inside went off while delivery. Anyway, when i received new set it had same line :)
Now i have much louder Fan :( i hope it will go away later.

Just got myself one of these but having a few problems.

Namely how the hell do you turn it one.

Picked it up from Currys but as it was an ex display model it did not come with any instructions.

Figured that it was all done through the remote but nothing works.

Please help :lease:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom