Saffire Pro 14 connected to a Apple Macbook Pro. No sound!!! Help!

Bill Hicks

Banned
Hi all.

I have bought a Saffire Pro 14 and I have connected it up to my new Macbook Pro. I have installed the Saffire disc that came with the kit and I have it connected to my Mac via the supplied Firewire cable. I have had to use an adaptor as the firewire plugs are to large to fit into my Mac's Firewire port but the adaptor I'm using is reviewed as good for Mac. It recognises the firewire connection and I have set the outputs/inputs on my Mac to the Saffire Firewire setting that is displayed in my Macs sound settings.
I have connected my Saffire via 2x 6.5mm phono jacks to my Logitech active speakers, using outputs 1&2 on the back of the Saffire.
So I have got it all set up correctly? but I'm not getting any sound from my speakers! Is there some settings that I have not done correctly in the Saffire mix control program? or could it be something else?

Any help would be great as this piece of kit cost me nearly £160!

Thanks.

Last edited:

duncfunk

There's a few buttons on the Saffire Control that have caught me out before. Check the outputs for 1&2 and the buttons around it (top right on my software) as you can switch them between a few options. I'll have a look for you tomorrow when I'm on my Mac.

Bill Hicks

Banned
There's a few buttons on the Saffire Control that have caught me out before. Check the outputs for 1&2 and the buttons around it (top right on my software) as you can switch them between a few options. I'll have a look for you tomorrow when I'm on my Mac.

No worries I got it fixed. Yes it was the monitor buttons above the main volume button on mix control. Didn't have outputs 1&2 switched on. :facepalm:

But I do have another problem. When I plug an electric guitar into the saffire the sound comes out very quiet, even the volume levels on mix control and Abelton are only just lighting up.
I will endeavour to have a mess around today and to do some research on the internet.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom