Safeways selling cheap TVs - opinions wanted

D

dude1971

My local Safeways are selling the Toshiba 28W23 for £160. It's £300 at Comet. They also have some other good deals. My questins is, how are they doing this? Loss making deals are their speciality on their food, but would they do the same on electricals as well? Or are they grey imports?

I've got nothing against grey imports, it's my way of getting back at those "Rip Off Britain" merchants. So long as you get 12 months warranty you cant go wrong at that price.

It may not be a grey - just check the power lead and instructions. Perhaps it's an end of line offer.

DaveP

I spoke to the sales assistant and he said that they were priced up wrongly, but as they were going through the tills they weren't bothered. He said that they did a Sony 28" from £650 to £250 a few months ago and it took 24 hours for Head Office to correct it, so they sold loads.

They are out of stock of all the goodies at my store, so I'm going back to them on Saturday. I won't tell you where I am incase you all go there and get my telly!

The Toshiba is now back up to £335, but I got the Panasonic 28" for £300. Now I've got mine, I can tell you all where I was. Sutton, Surrey - although Basingstoke has the same deal.

Good luck guys :)

My store had a Toshiba 28Z27B - which isn't a model number I'd be typically familiar with, but I guessed it was a replacement for the 28Z07B, which you may have heard of - it had Component Video inputs et all.

They were selling it for a To Die For £399.

Update :-

My Mum went in and they have priced the Panasonic back up to £445.

I'll keep checking to see if they have any more mis-priced bargains ;-)

The telly is great, by the way :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom