1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Safeway - Philips Wireless video sender @ £59.99

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by SOUNDSTYLE, Oct 7, 2003.

1. SOUNDSTYLE

SOUNDSTYLE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    From this Wednesday 8th Octorber 2003 Safeway have a video sender on sale, which seems likes a good price.
    Does anyone know what model it is and if it's any good?

2. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +399
    At that price it'll probably be the 1200. Two scart input with auto switch. Argos were doing them for £59 not so long ago

Works really well and good quality Composite only signal sent to RX. Will not work with NTL/Telewest Remotes though. Digisender is slightly better IMO.

Amazon do the Philips 1400 for £99 which I have, and that is superb as it gives you full control over 4 scart inputs. If you have lots of equipment that is the better value option.

3. SOUNDSTYLE

SOUNDSTYLE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Thanks for that Ekko star.
    I've found out it's the 1100 model.
    I'm wondering if it's worth getting, to send SKY to another tv in the house, or should I wait and get a better model?

4. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,190
    Have to disagree with you on that one.
    I tried 3 seperate Digisenders and I couldn't make any of them change channel on the second set upstairs although picture quality was fine.
    Eventually settled on the Philips 1200 and it worked first time straight out of the box, great picture and changing channel appears to be even quicker than on the set downstairs :confused: :D

5. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +399

well it was only IMO. All these things operate on 2.4Ghz and will work differently in different housesholds/flats/buildings. Switch on a microwave, use bluetooth or a wireless network or have people walking about will all affect it's operation further.

The Digisender 400 Gold works with all notorious NTL/ Telewest cable boxes as well. Bit surprised 3 boxes and it didn't manage to change TV channels for you ? It changed my channels blindingly fast ?