1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

safe to put this on a flexistand?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by mike_cummi, Apr 25, 2005.

1. mike_cummi

mike_cummi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, have done a search on flexistand and can't seem to get the info i need off any of the threads, so sorry about another flexistand post. Anyway, seriously considering making a five shelf flexistand using the 1m 18mm threaded rods and 20mm MDF (40cmX60cm), as per the instructions on the website.

On this will go:-

Sony 400 disc CD changer, Kenwood 200 disc CD changer, CD recorder, meaty 7.1 receiver (not sure which one yet but 7.1 receivers are usually pretty heavy), AN Other component (DAb radio, tape deck or something).

I am concerend that the weight of all this (including 600 CDs) may be too much for the flexistand - what do you reckon? I'll go home tonight and weigh everything to give you an idea but anyone got any immediate thoughts?

2. mike_cummi

mike_cummi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    okay, i've weighed my kit and the 400 disc changer weighs 28 pounds!. the 200 disc changer and 7.1 receiver will probably be in the same ball park, so that's 80-90 pounds for those three.

Then you've got 2 standard weigh components which won't weigh much so it's probably going to be in the 100 pounds ball park.

Would a flexistand take that weight? :lease:

3. mike_cummi

mike_cummi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay. Either no one has any idea, can't be bothered or I have been sent to coventry for asking such an idiotic/boring question.

I'll give it a go anyway and let you know how it goes. Maybe other forumites will benefit from my experience in the future.

4. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +939
    Definitely post your experience on how it goes.

Maybe nobody has much or any experience in building one of these stands :)