Safe putting address on PSN?

T91

Standard Member
I've just got a PS3 and I'm creating my PSN account and it's asking for my address. Just wanted to know if it was safe? As in, people I play against online won't be able to access my details will they?

Thanks in advance

hippo99

Distinguished Member
I've just got a PS3 and I'm creating my PSN account and it's asking for my address. Just wanted to know if it was safe? As in, people I play against online won't be able to access my details will they?

Thanks in advance

Its fine as long as you don't give anyone your PSN password. All they can see is your Username, trophies earned & anything you add in the 'comments' box.

If anyone asks you to 'GAMESHARE' don't do it, as it involves giving them your password.

Steven

Senior Moderator
When I joined PS EU years ago, I won a demo disc of Loco Roco PSP and they sent it to my registered address. So yes, using your real address is beneficial to get sent free things :D

For anyone in the same boat and joining the PS3 scene late, you can create a PSN ID and then link+merge your old account into PSN (PSN having replaced the old system)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom