Safe House (ITV)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Upcoming four-part thriller, Safe House, is set in the wilderness of the Lake District, which tells the story of a married couple who turn their remote Guest House into a Safe House.

Inspired by a true story, Safe House is a compelling character-driven drama created and written by Michael Crompton (Kidnap & Ransom, Carrie’s War).

ITV’s Director of Drama Steve November and Controller of Drama Victoria Fea;
“We're delighted to commission Safe House from Jill Green and Eleventh Hour Films. It's a compelling four-part drama from Michael Crompton with great characters and genuine twists which keep you guessing right to the end.”

Safe House has been developed by EHF’s Head of Development Paula Cuddy (Strike Back, Wallander) and will be directed by award-winning director Marc Evans (Hinterland, Collision). The drama is a 4 x 60’ commission and will begin filming this autumn. Eleventh Hour Films is also currently in production on a ninth series of ratings-winning drama Foyle’s War for ITV.

4x42 I'm sure she means!

Due 2015

Cast;

Christopher Eccleston (Doctor Who, The Leftovers)
Marsha Thomason (Las Vegas, White Collar)
Paterson Joseph (Law & Order: UK)

Premieres Monday, 20 April at 9pm

As terrible endings go, this one takes the biscuit. I had the check how many episodes there were because I couldn't believe that was it

Felt like it's intended to be resolved in a second series ... but probably only needs one episode to tie that stuff up - or it'll be another arc throughout all the eps whilst there are some new guests at the house with a new case.
ITV's Safe House could become a returning series, writer Michael Crompton has confirmed.

"The idea was actually given to me by Paula Cuddy [of producers Eleventh Hour Films]," Crompton revealed at a recent press launch. "But it always intrigued me - the sort of people who do run a safe house and why, and just that whole world.

"You're under incredible pressure, and there's a vacuum in which anything can happen - so it was a really exciting premise and one that hopefully we can return to over the next 2-3-4-5 series."

Cuddy added that there are "most definitely" plans for more Safe House, with each potential new series following the plight of a new series of guests.

Last edited:
Glad I'm not the only one disappointed with the way the last episode turned out. Still I liked the characters. Another ITV letdown

For a moment though this had been cancelled - since this thread hadn't been renamed and new one not started for series 2 :)

Only when we get details on a 2nd series, I really doubt they will go ahead myself

Personally multiple threads on ITV shows are pointless most don't get past 1 page!, but admin are on a mission splitting seasons, so at owners request via pm I'm sorting threads I created out at the moment

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom