• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Safari Pop Up Blocker Not Working

BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member
Hi

I have OSX Mountain Lion installed and the latest version of Safari. The pop up bocker doesn't work at all. I had the same problem with OSX Lion. The pop up blocker only seemed to work when I had OSX Snow Leopard. Anyone any ideas or recommend a good pop up blocker?

Thanks

Baz

atki81

There are know issues with the safari pop blocker and I agree with a lot of people that there should be more control in it, however try this app GlimmerBlocker which is supposed to be good.

dalethecaptain

+1 for Glimmer Blocker. I also use Click 2 Flash (sorry, I have a poor connection now and cant search out the link), this is good when you are on a slow connection for stripping out flash plugins, until you actually click on them.

It's something to do with the way Safari now handles the page requests, flash blockers and such you to exploit a flaw which has now been closed. The guy who runs the Click 2 Flash site has a good explanation of what the problem is.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom