Safari 3.2.3 Problems

barrybarryr

Hi,

I have problems with Safari. It just randomly crashes on websites for no reason.

Does anyone know why this may happen? It has done it three times on the Daily Mirror website this morning when I'm trying to read an article.

I've gone over to Fire Fox and it works fine!

Barry

alanrob

Stick with Firefox then :D

It could be any reason. Have a look in the console messages log after it crashes and see what it says if anything.

MyRDXS

I've found Safari to be pretty stable overall, certainly more stable and quicker than IE. But just occasionally you will find a site that won't work too well, I think it depends on whether the site developer has embedded too much specific code (i.e. Java) for one type of browser and Safari may not have caught up in versions to interpret what is needed.

An example I found was Internet Banking - it wouldn't display account info with Safari but was OK with Firefox. An announcement was put on this banks man page acknowledging an issue with Safari so clearly this was down to the developer coding something in a particular way (most likely to IE as that is the dominant browser (unfortunately:thumbsdow)

xmb

Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash installed as this has caused Safari crashing in the past. Go to here and test your version, if not 10.0.22.87 then you need to download and install the update.

If you still have issues try deleting the Safari cache.

barrybarryr

i have the most recent flash.

I've cleared the cche and it still does it. I'm back to Firefox now. Shame, because I really like Safari.

Tenex

Novice Member
Browsers are strange some sites I had to open in Safari when I used FF3 only to find others in here used them the other way round.

Try S4?

barrybarryr

I'm not going to bother with Safari 4 until it is released properly. I'm not interested in messing around with a beta.

I've had a play aorund with it, some of the features look quite nice.

alanrob

i have the most recent flash.

I've cleared the cche and it still does it. I'm back to Firefox now. Shame, because I really like Safari.

Have you checked the system logs for an error? Might help to solve the problem.
Also, get onto the Apple forums and report the issue. The only way they can fix it is if they know about it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 Review, Apple Lossless & Dolby Atmos @ no cost, Sennheiser IE900 review + more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom