1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad question.....

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by pixelated, Jan 23, 2003.

1. pixelated

pixelated

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bit of a sad question, this, but here goes.....

My other half discovered the adult channels 9xx show "highlights" during a certain time, even if parental control is set, and doesn't want the littleuns to be tempted (they have box with mirror sub). Main box is Sky+.

I want to cancel sky, keep the + sub and use freeview cards, which I believe don't have the channels in the EPG, but they won't let me (only had it since November).

Q1: Are there any hacks in the boxes (PACE SKY+ and Sony Sky) that prevent the naughty stuff appearing on the EPG? This is preferred option.

Q2: Any hacks to stop the free previews?

Q3: I bought the boxes seperately and installed myself.....can Sky stop me cancelling, or is this there starting position?

I could stop payments, but they would bar the + sub. Any other repercussions?

Damn. Things were looking (and sounding) good for a while. Guess I should have done more research before signing up, but I thought if I didn't get a subsidised box, I wasn't locked in.

Any suggestions appreciated.
    :blush:

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi pixelated, I'll do my best:

A1: No not at all
    A2: Not unless you count the age controls i.e. PIN control to watch anything rated over 12, 15, 18 etc
    A3: 12 month minimum contract regardless. You can always downgrade your package to the lowest available though.

p.s. The "freeview" cards you mentioned. Do you mean FreeView or FTV Digital Satellite cards from the BBC? If you mean the latter, all channels are still available to see in the EPG.

p.p.s. once your 12 month "tie-in" period is over, if you stop subscribing you can still keep Sky+ going with a £10/month subscription (not many Sky operators are aware of this but it is possible).

Hope this helps. ;)

3. pixelated

pixelated

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks rct. Realised I didn't have any parental controls set at all (thought it came set by default):blush:

I did mean ftv digital satellite. I had this initially and don't remember seeing much in the EPG, but wasn't looking.

Anyway, seems the wife picked up some new ideas for the weekend :devil: