Sad question i know but, what the best hoover for pets?

ScouserAndy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
We now have two cats (maine coons) and our old dyson dc01 aint gonna be up to the task. So what vacuum cleaner would you recommend? I've been looking at the dyson dc14 animal?

The DC14 Animal is an excelent choice of vacuum. Any dyson range with the animal upgrade is well worth it in my opinion.

I got our bird with a Dyson once it made a right mess feathers went all over the place.

my boss who has two maine coons has two vacs one is the DC14 animal and the other is the hoover for pets.

not because neither one of them dosen't work she has two houses.

spot on from mep, we've a miele cat and dog, and although its a pricey beast, it surely is a cracking hoover. beware the bags ain't cheap either though

another good option is a henry, simple, powerful and great value. although you loose the filtering of the miele's

i wouldn't go near a dyson, purely for the fact that every time i go to a boot fair the stalls are stacked high with em!

Yes, the Henries are good, but I've generally found that the nozzles aren't quite big enough for cats. The most I seem to manage with them are gerbils, but even they sometimes get stuck halfway up the pipes.

I have two labs and I have the latest Dyson Animal. Comes with a five year warranty as standard.

Excellent hoover.

Hoover? :blush: :suicide:

Will tell my bro now the days of combing the dog are over :D She doesn't like it anyway. She likes to be free

Definitely the Miele. I bought the smallest cylinder model as the Curry's store was closing down and it was a bargain. I use it much more than my upright and it whisks up the ginger cat hairs amazingly. Before I had the Miele. the cylinder model (I think it was Electrolux) was o.k. with everything but cat hair. Cat hair almost seems static and clings to everything.

I had one black short haired cat, who loved to be vaccuumed. If she heard it she would be there like a shot. It's years since we had long haired cats; you need a good one for them.

I went to add to my last post but it somehow was submitted.

I looked at the last "Which" on cleaners and the Dyson did well for pet hair, 5 stars, same as the Miele. I have always disliked Dyson cleaners. I used to clean my son's flat for him (he had one) and just hated it. It was just so
uncomfortable to use.

As a third of Dyson's up to six years old needed a repair, it's wise of them to now include a five year guarantee.

Our Bissel is awesome and we have 2 cats.

Definitely the Miele. I bought the smallest cylinder model as the Curry's store was closing down and it was a bargain. I use it much more than my upright and it whisks up the ginger cat hairs amazingly. Before I had the Miele. the cylinder model (I think it was Electrolux) was o.k. with everything but cat hair. Cat hair almost seems static and clings to everything.

I had one black short haired cat, who loved to be vaccuumed. If she heard it she would be there like a shot. It's years since we had long haired cats; you need a good one for them.

You've got a brave cat. :smashin:

my cat plays daredevil with mums hoover sometimes...other times he runs a mile....wierd little thing...lol

we use a dyson nowadays, mum got fed up with bags...lol

also saw how well they worked when my sister got one....

have to say, its damn good.....used it on my room once and had to empty it twice, the old panasonic barely filled half a bag :D

Actually forget the earlier post.

She's :censored: scared of the exisiting vacuum cleaner poor thing. Though a pet hoover would be more convenient, it would border on cruelty to hold her in place to use one

my cat plays daredevil with mums hoover sometimes...other times he runs a miele....wierd little thing...lol

we use a dyson nowadays, mum got fed up with bags...lol

also saw how well they worked when my sister got one....

have to say, its damn good.....used it on my room once and had to empty it twice, the old panasonic barely filled half a bag :D

Oh man, I'm on fire today....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom