Sacred 2: Play and Help Thread

dieeasysteve

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Sacred 2 is out on Friday the 5th of June in the UK.

It's been out on the PC since November and has been out in the US on PS3 and Xbox360 since early May.

My copy is being sent out by game today so I'll be playing this wkend.

Anyone want to join me send me a FR.

It hasn't got great reviews yet but as the only "Diablo Clone" type game on the xbox it deserves a play.

The US reviews were all on a pre-patched version, there was a patch at the wkend that has (hopefully) fixed most of the problems.

Cheers
Steve

I believe the chevos are completely independent unlike fable. at least that's what I've taken from reading the teamxbox:devil: forum.

Not sure about game progression in co-op, I know your toon levels up and all that is kept form the co-op to single player(and vice versa) but I'm not sure if quest progression is saved.

I'll post up more info and answer any Q at the wkend after a get a go on it.

Had a wee go on co-op last night, for about 2 hours.

Game seamed really buggy but i think it was lag more than anything. As my mate didn't have the same issues (he was hosting).

There is a really big learning curve in this game as there are a lot of character skill choices to make.

There are a lot of different options and thing to fiddle with. which will be good once you know what your doing but are a head ache now.

Really didn't like the camera angle when zoomed it it pans down as well and you can see anything and when zoomed out there is still a bit of pan on it that make it hard to see. Also when zoomed out i felt very remote from the game, but you really have to play zoomed out to the the monsters coming.

Trading was a nightmare but maybe we just haven't figured it out yet.

Going to give it another go to night (prob in single player, mates away).

I think it's going to be a game with a lot of stopping and waiting for you co-op players as when you level up there are lots of options and playing with you kit.

I'll give a proper opinion tomorrow after a real session. 2hrs while half asleep (didn't start till after 12).

Got a good go at single player and couch co-op at the wkend.

Really improved my opinion, I love the leveling up and the freedom to explore, there must be 1000's of side quests.

Didn't come accross any bugs after it patched on fri night.

I think it's going to be a really adictive game.

Just got this last night and so far so good. Only had a couple of hours to tinker around but it seems pretty good.

Dear god but how big is the overall map area?!:eek: Gonna take ages to get across all of that!

Just got this last night and so far so good. Only had a couple of hours to tinker around but it seems pretty good.

Dear god but how big is the overall map area?!:eek: Gonna take ages to get across all of that!

:eek: Another poster!

Yeah it is huge!
i'm looking forward to getting a mount?
I find it's important to stragicly click reseraction shrines so u can teleport to them at the end of quests.

I've started a couple of different toons and did different quests each time apparently to get the 20% side quest completed achievement you have to do 100 side quests.

Working on getting all 6 toons to level 15 before I settle for my main one.

played a couple of hours last night with the inquisitor with my mate who is also playing an inquisitor, pretty cool that we have both picked the same base toon but have completely different experiences depending on how we level up and what CA's we use.

I'm focusing on melee at the min and hopefully get some magic going later. but he going for the harder but more deadly 100% amgic build.

What r u playin as?

1st toon so trying out the Seraphim atm as I've always preferred melee characters in these sort of games altho I will try out all the classes as I like the look of all of them.

I might do the same and try all the classes to a certain point and roll from there.

I've never played anything like this before....yeah i've done oblivion to death (3 times...) but i have to admit to finding this game a bit bewildering. I'm now level 11 as the Shadow warrior bloke, the enemies seem to be getting a lot harder to kill. I have loads of things in my inventory, not too sure what to do with most of them.
I've got 2 runes in one of my combat abilities, but when i tried to purchase a 3rd it told me the cost was 125,000!!!
Having said that, i like the game, although the slight jerkiness gives me headaches....

Any pointers on what to do with rings and things that can be forged into "slots" on weapons, please jump in and tell me!

Rich

You can use a blacksmith to insert rings and stuff into weapons and armour.

You can also wear those rings.

On the CA front, I just wait till I find them, You can change 4 ca runes for 1 of your choice for a lot cheaper.

Don't read to many CA runes as they affect you recharge time, it a balance between damage and recharge time.

Hope this makes seance and helps.

Cheers
Steve

It's all slowly starting to make sense!

I'm finding this game dangerously addictive.......if only there were more teleport sites....i've only found one so far.

Rich

Yeah, It now owns my soul!

Played a Shadow Warrior to Level 15 last night and killed my first boss.
Was playing on bronze as i want to go for the not dyeing chevo sometime and think SW has the best chance of it.

Took forever to kill the boss just couldn't do enough damage. Think I might have been a tad low a level for him as I was only doing main quest.

Going to try Dryad tonight think I'm going for a ranged super quick build. Back on Silver hardness again I think.

Take a bit of time to get you round this game but when you do your flying and addicted:D.

Take a bit of time to get you round this game but when you do your flying and addicted:D.

That's what I'm worried about happening!!

Only got my Seraphim upto 7 atm but already want to try out other classes. It's either going to be Inquisitor or High Elf next I think.

Got my Dryad to level 15 last night, doing mostly side quests. Really good toon if you max out dex and focus on a ranged bow build.

Died twice while playing on silver last night first was a real stinker at level 8 where i walked on a trap.

Will be taking a break from sacred tonight from to work on my anti-social skills:D

Only 3 toons left to get to level 15, Going to do seraphim next I think, never played them in sacred 1 as it was my mates main toon.

Really like the inquisitor but I'm playing him co-op so, i have to wait till my mate has more time to play.

Have fun, If you fancy a bit of co-op over the wkend send me a invite!

WISE FWOM YOUR GWAVE!

Been playing this myself. Massively difficult to get your head around! Only on level 33 and still not sure about what path i'm taking! :thumbsup:

Got my first unique mount but still prefer fighting standing up! :(

If you are just holding one button then you are probably going about it all wrong.

Saying that, it has taken me 6 character builds and around 100 hours of play to finally (yet just about) understand how it all works.

The game has so much depth it's untrue!

100 hours play and i've now settled with one character build! :eek:

Still no AVFers playing this apart from me?

Might give it another go late this week or next after I finish "red faction",

Doing a bit of a game completion clean up. Done a play through on "mass effect". Still have a couple of "lego games", "bioshock" and the last level on the force unleashed to get through before November!

I seam to be in a bit of an rpg phase. so i might start on this again till the DLC for GTAIV comes.

I've had this game a while now, but just recently I've been playing this religously!

Great game to play on the sofa with the missus, we been racking about about 3-4 hours a night on it so far this week.

We're slowly trying to fill in the map and get the the side quest achievments before we do too much of the the "gold" quests.

Definately worth sticking with though, we've put about 25 hours into our characters thus far (we're lvl20) and we done about 70 quests and uncovered 10% :eek: of the map!!!

next quest for us is to start the Unique mount quest .....her wants the Seraphims tiger :rolleyes:, which is cool as there is an achievement for 200 miles travelled on your characters own mount!

loving it!! :smashin:

Glad someone else here loves it too!

What class are you?

If you have any questions let me know.

Oh, and keep any 3/4 star gear as i love to trade! :thumbsup:

hey dude, just added your friend request! :hiya:

As for character classes I'm a level 21 High Elf and the missus has a level 21 Seraphim, we're only playing it on bronze at the moment until we get our heads around it all!!

We'll keep any 3-4 star stuff we encounter though just in case!

seeya online mate:smashin:

hey dude, just added your friend request! :hiya:

As for character classes I'm a level 21 High Elf and the missus has a level 21 Seraphim, we're only playing it on bronze at the moment until we get our heads around it all!!

We'll keep any 3-4 star stuff we encounter though just in case!

seeya online mate:smashin:

Good stuff! It's a hard game to master so shoot any questions my way. If i find any more HE/Sera gear i'll give you a shout!

EDIT: Oh, and make sure the Sera puts runes into the BeeEffGee. You'll see why once you get it!

Can anybody suggest a good online guide to the game anywhere? I loved Diablo 2 & the Baldurs Gate/Champions of Norrath series - but this game has so much to learn :rolleyes: and the manual is not great..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom