1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SACD sources

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by paiger, May 31, 2002.

1. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know where I can find a reliable supply of SACD disks? Amazon have a load listed but there appears to be some confusion over availability.

S

2. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    www.vivante.co.uk

Are THE suppliers of Hi-Res software but it will cost you dude !!

Do a search on Tower Records, they import them from the US/Cananda I believe so you end up paying the same as places like Vivante once shipping is added in, Amazon are the cheapest I've seen but I'm not sure what quality the recordings are they are offering cheap, Paiger send PCD00 an email he is very knowlegable about getting SACD on the cheap. He's done a post in here about Sony canning pure CD production.

3. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers. Amazon have loads listed but most say limited availability. I have had trouble with them in the past with orders taking ages. I use www.play.com now who are brilliant but have no SACD that I can find. I see Aerosmiths new album is out on SACD now, we need more titles like that to make it take off. Miles Davis and Mike Oldfield are OK but have a smallish audience.

4. SimonB

SimonB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try DVD Box Office in Canada. The exchange rate with Canada is pretty good, and the shipping is built into their prices so it works out about £12-16 or so. If you order one at a time it's under the £18 VAT and import duty limit so you won't pay any tax.

I haven't ordered any SACDs off them yet but I buy pretty much all my DVDs from there.

5. robocook

robocook
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered seven SACD titles from DVDBoxOffice a fortnight ago, only problem is they didn't have any stock and to date only one of seven has shipped. Did arrive quickly though and quite cheap all things being equal.

I would be nice if DVDBoxOffice listed availability on their site before you order rather than finding out "Awaiting stock" after. Checking out other sites seems that loads of places are out of stock on certain SACD.

But having seen the price of Dare in HMV Oxford St, I'll wait it out on the imports from Canada.

please, please, please can Play start selling them???

6. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have ordered Aerosmiths 'Just press Play' from DVDboxoffice for £16.28 delivered. A bargain if it ever turns up! I agree, play should get it together, and quick.

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tower records ar cheap £13 a disc also aol shop have them in stock i think it takes 6 weeks to arrive they said though they had some uk stores on there which should only take a few days to arrive

8. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Crazy, you mad Kopite.