1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SACD Poor Bass Management : No sub output

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Dolbyz, May 27, 2005.

1. Dolbyz

Dolbyz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On SACD I have no subwoofer playing on SACDs. My subwoofer, a Velodyne CT80, is connected via the LFE (SUB PRE OUT) on the receiver. The SACD player is set to SUBWOOFER : YES - and I've tried all speakers on SMALL and LARGE. I still get no subwoofer output!

I want to connect my sub to the amp via speaker outputs, and then my speakers to my subwoofer. I'll set the SACD player and my amplifer to SUBWOOFER : OFF, and hopefully get a full range signal through my speakers.

Will it work as well?

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    I think doing this you'll negate one of the main points of SACD which is to feed the sound to discrete speaker channels.

Is there a test tone on your player and if so does the sub out work for that?

Lack of SACD sub output is not an unusual topic, certainly with some hybrid DVD/SACD players. It's a common comment for the Pio 575 'caus the sub out setting defaults to off. It's also a comment made against the Samsung 745 which seems to have a fault on some machine where there' no sub output for SACD...PJ :)

3. deanym

deanym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
  4. Mandel

Mandel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do SACD player manuals not warn of the sub level being down 10db?! I'd check mine but I got my SACD player without box, manual or remote...

5. deanym

deanym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Perhaps, they should, but mine didn't, hence all the grief I had!! :D