1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SACD -how do you know?

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by karkus30, Mar 27, 2003.

1. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    I noticed I have a couple of albums with SACEM and sacd written on them in a sort of box symbol....is this SACD?????

2. Rachael Bitchlist

Rachael Bitchlist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    What albums are they? I'd look for the letters DSD. Universal and the Stones remasters are the worst labeled I've seen. Capitol's Pink Floyd is pretty vague too. Sony has a funny little oval symbol that symbolizes SACD. It's a good thing that Super Audio CD is written below it because there's nothing intuitive about their silly symbol.

Groove Note, Analogue Productions, Chesky, DMP, Mobile Fidelity, Zoe, AudioQuest, Waterlily, Rounder, and Telarc have silver stickers onthe front of the jewell case that make it obvious what you're getting. Best wishes!

3. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Jam & Spoon, Tripomatic fairytales 2002. I found out what SACEM meant, its to to with recording agreements etc (I have seen that on several ablums), this is the first time I have seen the sacd initials written in the same symbol. Its distributed by Sony and uses a sort of rounded off square, with SACEM along the top and sacd written down the sides.