SACD how 2

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by [AS]Maverick, Oct 26, 2005.

1. [AS]Maverick

[AS]Maverick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all ...

Sorry in adv if this is in the wrong forum but i couldn`t find anything that talked about this :(

Anyway i`ve never realy bothered with this sound format till now !
    i just bought JW`s "War of the Worlds" Remastered an Done in 5.1 SACD/CD or so it says on the box ;)

The point being is how do i get SACD out of my DVD player an thru to my AMP ??

At the mo my DVD Denon 1920 is connected to my SONY STR-DB1080 via both Coaxial (RCA/phono) and optical (toslink) but only one is selected for use ;) as i have a choice on the AMP setup to pick.

On the DVD i have the option when i insert the SACD to pick Multi-CH Area which i assume to be 5.1 Audio an 2CH-Area which is CD/Stereo, an i do get sound from that option :)

But when i select Multi-CH Area the DVD LCD says SACD on it an it plays as the counter is counting down/up but i get no sound thru my AMP :(

So after doing some reading from the manual (which is a first ;) ) i get the impression iam gonna need the audio cables that conect to the Discret 5.1 RCA connectors on the back of my DVD player an hook em to the AMP ??

Reason iam askin first is save me the trouble an money been wasted if this is not the case ! an it`s something esle i need to look at ?

Thx in Adv ..

MAV.

2. doctorjuggles

doctorjuggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
  3. domtheone

domtheone
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,359
    Yep. You should/could have some 5.1 connections on the back of your amp.

On mine their marked Ext Decoder Inputs.

Connect 3 x sets of phono (red/white) leads to the back of your dvd player (on my pioneer player their marked 5.1 outputs).

This should get it going.

It did on mine :) well, 1st i still got nothing until I also pressed the Ext Decoder button on my Yammy amp :rolleyes:

4. [AS]Maverick

[AS]Maverick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi ..

Yes i do have the 5.1 RCA connectors on the back of my AMP infact i have 2 sets CH1 an CH2 where i can connect 2 different Devices via them ..

So iam right in thinking this is the route i need to take to get the SACD to work thru my AMP ?

I just wish when they write these manauls for AV gear they where a little more clearer on whats needed to get what :( as it wasn`t :)

Anyway thx guys big help :clap: :clap: :clap:

MAV..

5. Supersonic

Supersonic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Exactly right. The Pioneer 575 manual was pretty good at explaining - when I did finally get round to reading it all.

RTFM...rtfm...rtfm... yeah, but it's dull when you have shiny new kit and want to play!

6. [AS]Maverick

[AS]Maverick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Update :thumbsup:

I got the cables plugged them in an had a play with the AMP an DVD player an i finnaly got it to work as it should !! Brill ..
    :clap: :clap: :clap:

Again thx guys ... :thumbsup:

MAV.