SACD help

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Chorea, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Chorea

Chorea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I've just bought a Sony SACD player and have connected it to my amp using the 5.1 input. Because of some idiot neigbours i've only got 2 main speakers setup at the moment what should i do to get the best sound out of my SACD player

please help

2. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    play the stereo (2 ch. mode) tracks of your sacd discs through the 5.1 inputs on your amp, it will play as intended through your front speakers.

3. Chorea

Chorea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    cheers mate

will the multi channel tracks play o.k through the two main speakers??

do i need to connect the player to the 2 channel input on the amp?? does it make any difference

4. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you will only hear two tracks when playing the srereo part of the sacd through your front speakers as each chanel is discreet, but you will hear all the information. you don' need to connect the two chanel inputs except for ordinary cd, not even then if you use a digital interconect to your amp. (for cd and dvd replay only). don't forget to switch your player from m/ch. to 2ch. sacd. if you have anymore problems let me know what player you have, mine is the sony ns900 dvd/cd/sacd player.

5. Chorea

Chorea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I haven't got many sacd discs most are normal cd's so do you recommend connecting the player to cd/dvd input of the amp??

my player is the sony csdxe 670 in the settings i can change it to 2ch sacd should i do this and then change it back to multi channel when i connect the rest of my speakers back up

Cheers mate

6. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    for normal cd listening- conect either the pair of analogue stereo outs or the digital out from your player to your amp-do both if you want and then you can choose which sounds best to you by switching from one to the other using your amp.
    sacd is different all the processing is done in your player and your amp is used just as a power amp. (this is what the 5.1 inputs on your amp are for.
    you can only get sacd information from an sacd disc-you can't get sacd from a normal cd.
    i've put this simply because just to make things confusing there are hybrid discs -they have a cd layer ans an sacd layer which you switch between depending on which one you want to listen to. it's probably best to be fully wired up and choose your options switching player and amp settings.

7. Chorea

Chorea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Cheers mate you have been very helpful

8. dave48

dave48

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    A quick follow-up question - I also have a Sony 900, but due to lack of interconnect cables I've only connected the normal 2 channel audio out to the normal 2 channel input of the amp, not any of the 5.1 outs to the 5.1 in on the amp.

Does the normal audio out sound exactly the same for a 2 channel SACD as the front outs of the 5.1 output? Or am I missing something and am going to get blown away when I finally connect the 5.1 outs to the 5.1 ins?

Dave48

9. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no, you can only get sacd through the 5.1 connections, but if you only have 1 pair of i/connects put them from the front phonos on the5.1 out to the front 5,1 ins on the amp. you can then play cds and stereo sacd like this -just change to 2ch/sacd on the remote or cd, depending on what you are playing.