Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

sacd help needed

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Chewbacca, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Chewbacca

Chewbacca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hello I need some help regarding hooking up My Denon dvd 2900 to My Pioneer vsa e06 5.1 amp.
    The problem is this I took delivery of the above dvd player today which I must say that I am very pleased with indeed anyway I connected a coaxial cable from My denon into the back of My amp (digital in) socket and everthing worked fine i.e it was producing 5.1 sound the problem started when I connected the three pairs of rca leads from the dvd player to the pre outs on the amp I played the sacd of the Police and yes it was decoded in 5.1 but I had no control of the volume on the amp infact I have no control of the volume full stop when I use the phono's also when these phono leads are connected and I switch to watching a dvd the sound is decoded through the denon not My amp this may be a simple problem but its bafferling the hell out of Me can somebody help please as I am new to sacd and have never used the pre outs on the back of My amp before. :rolleyes:

Just one other thing I have read the manual over and over again and every thing seems to be set up right.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,431
    Well it sounds to me like you are getting your outputs & inputs confused!

I am unable to check the specs of your Pioneer as I can't find an online review, so does your recevier have 5.1 analogue inputs? If not then you are not going to be able to get multichannel SACD playback via this receiver.
    The pre outs are for useing the internal processing of the receiver to drive external amps.

Mark.

3. Chewbacca

Chewbacca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks Matey

My amp does not have the inputs you where on about just the pre outs thanks for the info I understand now where I was going wrong.