1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SACD & DVD

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by jckm2000, Apr 26, 2005.

1. jckm2000

jckm2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi PPL,
    I'm looking for a dvd player with super audio cd capability. It needs to be able to handle hifi as well as DVD. I'd like to go for a Yamaha if possible to match my Yamaha RVX750 receiver. Any ideas???

Cheers,

Jon

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    You could always take a look at the Yamaha DVD-S1500,but I personally have no experience of it.

If you're in the market for this sort of player,you really should also take a look at all of the Pioneer models in your price range,as the audio quality is very good,and more importantly,good across the range of formats.

Bear in mind also that the number of SACD titles is still limited,and whilst it is capable of better than standard CD,that isnt always achieved,given the number of re-released oldies with poor multichannel or stereo mixes.

3. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Philips are good here, I recommend the 'old' 963 available for about £250, well balanced player with high picture and audio quality

4. Ovation

Ovation

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are a jazz or classical fan, SACD is certainly worth the effort, even if you only use a two channel rig. see SA-CD.net for many examples.