Quantcast

SACD/DVD AUDIO connexions

RobDickinson

No question, just a statement, so I'll makeone already made here.

SACD-DVD-A is reansmited between player and amp only via 6 channel analog phono cables NOT digital conection (with this player).

Some players have i-link or equivelant firewire connections for highq audio but not that one.

vonhosen

Novice Member
You are playing the stereo file on the disc & not the multi channel ?

vonhosen

Novice Member
Some discs as well as having multi channel also have stereo copies as well. SACD hybrid also has regular CD version on as well I believe.

Maybe your player (don't have one myself so can't check menus) is set up to play the stereo version ?

B

bobbypunk

the menu of the 565 and 656 ask you wether you want the discs to play Stereo, multi channel or even god forbid the CD layer!

Anastie

I have a 912 Reciever and a Sony 930 DVD. What connections do I need to get SACD sound. At present I have DVD through an optical. Also any links to supplier are appreciated.
Thanks

martin day

Standard Member
In reply to Rob, I have it connected by 6 phono leads and choose mutli channel on my amp. So are we saying that some tracks may only be two channel even though I thought the push for SACD was so that you get multi channel surround?

martin day

Standard Member
Charming, I have read both manuals and followed the instructions but they don't go into enough detail to explain when things dont exactly go to plan. Which is what i thought these forums were for to try and tap other peoples knowledge!!

Stereo Steve

Novice Member
Go into the setup section of your player. Somewhere there you will find something like 'Options' (can't remember exactly as I have sold mine). There will be a tag called SACD Playback or similar. Select that and it should say '2 Channel area' and 'multi-channel area' or something. Select multi channel.

Some SACD disks are 2 channel only as well so you need to make sure you have a multi channel one.

RobDickinson

A LOT of SACD disks are only 2 channel.

What disk(s) do you have? PF's DSOTM is an excelent test disk as it has CD layer 2ch sacd and 5.1.

Also make sure your amp is set to 5.1 input (however it needs to be) and not the dvd dig connection.

If I remember my 656a correct you should have an on screen menu thingey to pick which audio you want.

martin day

Standard Member
I bought it from PLAY.com and it is called the sound revolution and is a hybrid CD that was made specifically with various music on to try out SACD.

RobDickinson

ok - should be multichannel then I guess (not familiar with the disk)?

What you need:

SACD player (pio 656) : check
Player set to multichanel in player menu
Connected to amp via 6ch an : check
Amp set to external imput or 5.1 input or whatever

Oh and you'll need to set speakers , size and bd level/delay in the 656 too I think? THAT may be your problem? check the 656a's settings.