SACD connection

Paperboy

Hi, when my multi-region blu-ray player died, I also lost the ability to play SACDs. However, a scramble around in the loft unearthed an old DVD player with SACD capability ( Pioneer DV-600AV). However, when I connect it to my amp (Yamaha RX v377) with an HDMI cable, I get sound but not 5.1. Anyone have an ideas what I've done wrong?

simon194

Hi, when my multi-region blu-ray player died, I also lost the ability to play SACDs. However, a scramble around in the loft unearthed an old DVD player with SACD capability ( Pioneer DV-600AV). However, when I connect it to my amp (Yamaha RX v377) with an HDMI cable, I get sound but not 5.1. Anyone have an ideas what I've done wrong?
I had one of those years ago.

If I remember correctly there is a specific setting in either the HDMI output or Audio output menu to output 5.1 with SACD.

Paperboy

Have a look at the HDMI audio output settings on p.39 & 47 of the manual.

Thanks very much. I did check and the HDMI output and it is set to LPCM 5.1, but I'm still getting only three channels. I've played around with different HDMI inputs and settings, but still get only front centre, left and right speakers

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
P.42 also talks about selecting the SACD layer?

Although this thread seems to suggest that multi-channel is only available over analogue, which I seem to recall was quite common.

Last edited:

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
Thanks very much. I did check and the HDMI output and it is set to LPCM 5.1, but I'm still getting only three channels. I've played around with different HDMI inputs and settings, but still get only front centre, left and right speakers
Silly question: what speaker connection on your AVR are you using for your surround speakers? SACD uses the surround ("side"), not rear.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom