1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SACD changers?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Sally73, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Sally73

Sally73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I wonder whether anyone knows of a SACD changer, that can also play DVD-Audio discs? The only SACD changer I can find is the Sony CE595, which is a 5 disc changer, and is for sale on Amazon.co.uk for just over £200 - looks good, but it can't play DVD-Audio, although I may have to settle for this if there are no other suitable players around. Has anyone got any opinions of the CE595?

Thanks in advance,
    Sally

2. Ovation

Ovation

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Toshiba has released one in North America, but it's been suffering from recall issues, if I'm not mistaken. Supposedly, there are a couple of others in the pipeline for summer/autumn release, but nothing firm on release dates.

3. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    I would advise against purchasing any sort of multi-disc changer, they have a very high failure rate.

4. topaz

topaz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    i love my 400 disk dvd/sacd player, its a sony DVP-CX985V, i have had no problems and i have had it nearly a year.

its r1 only, and always will be (no pal)

5. Ovation

Ovation

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Onkyo has a universal changer (at least in North America). Apparently, as a video player it's no great shakes, but its audio section is said to be a pretty decent performer. Among its virtues for fans of changers is its ability to cycle through each of the compatible formats within the tray without having to reset anything, or so I've read.