1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SACD and DVD-A hookup

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by djc101, Jul 15, 2002.

1. djc101

djc101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to upgrade to a six or seven channel amp or reciever and have a quick question. Am i right in asuming that DVD-A and SACD players only output the multichannel sound through 6 phono outputs? None of the current amps can decode a digital signal can they? I am thinking of the DVD -3800 as my new player but if i also wanted to eventually get SACD too, depending on how the two formats turn out there really needs to be two multichannel inputs on the amp to cope with both doesnt there?

2. magking

magking
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Only amp i know with two 7.1 inputs are the Denon AVC A1 SE/SR.
    The AVC A1SR also has digital inn for DVD audio if you use it with Denon DVD A1. This kombo costs something like 5000£, so it might be a litle expensive.
    There are probably some switchboxes you could use.
    Denon are going to give us some big news today about the DVD 3800 and DVD A1. Check out this link:
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?threadid=113747
    Look at DenonJeffs post at page 14.

3. djc101

djc101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, looks slike im going to have to wait a bit to find out what DenonJeff is talking about.

4. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    The Sony STR-VA555ES has 2 7.1 inputs. It's also interesting to know that Marantz is planning a SACD + DVD-A DVD player for release at the end of this year.