sabnzbd

mudshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have taken up on fellow forum members recommendation and installed sabnzbd on my mini.

I have configured it all, even set up the downloading automatically of Newzbin bookmarks but I have one question...

I must have clicked something during the set up because for the life of me I cannot actually open up the application so I can see whats going on. Its running fine in the background but I cant open up the gui to see whats going on/make any config changes etc..

Help!

There is no GUI to it, you view it via your web browser by default it's should be running on port 8080, so if you went to this page on your mac mini AVForums.com Home you should see the login.

If you know the IP of your mac mini you could go to it via anything on your network.

Yes, as said above, you control it via your web browser, which is great becuase you can access it from anywhere in the world, even on your iPhone with the myNZB app :thumbsup:

Oooh what be this mzNZB that you speak of :D

My only prob with it atm is that i'd like to add new sources like nzbmatrix in stead of newzbin but not found how to yet.

There is no GUI to it, you view it via your web browser by default it's should be running on port 8080, so if you went to this page on your mac mini AVForums.com Home you should see the login.

If you know the IP of your mac mini you could go to it via anything on your network.

I am currently at work, my mini is on at home with sabnzbd running. How can I access the app now remotely??

Depends how your network is setup, unless you have already opened the ports on your router and pointed it to your mini i'd very much doubt it's setup now.

Depends how your network is setup, unless you have already opened the ports on your router and pointed it to your mini i'd very much doubt it's setup now.

Ok mate, I will have a play when I get home.

Is this secure?

In newzbin, when I hit create NZB it automatically associates the nzb with Unison...how can I change it so it automatically downloads in sabnzbd instead (without removing Unison completely?)

I have installed SABnzbdX, (I assume it just bolts on when I run Sabnzbd) and I have removed Unison.

When I click on create NZB in Newzbin it now associates Sabnzbd with the .nzb (but that may simply be because I removed Unson) and the .nzb file drops into the download stack, it doesnt immediately down load the file.

When I click on the icon in the download stack it asks the question "Download from the net"..blah blah but it still wont download..just does nothing.

The only way I can get it to download anything is by either entering the Newzbin id and clicking fetch nzb or by adding a bookmark in Newzbin.

What am I doing wrong???

EDIT: I dont think its acting any different than before I grabbed sabnzbX??

Last edited:
I have installed SABnzbdX, (I assume it just bolts on when I run Sabnzbd) and I have removed Unison.

When I click on create NZB in Newzbin it now associates Sabnzbd with the .nzb (but that may simply be because I removed Unson) and the .nzb file drops into the download stack, it doesnt immediately down load the file.

When I click on the icon in the download stack it asks the question "Download from the net"..blah blah but it still wont download..just does nothing.

The only way I can get it to download anything is by either entering the Newzbin id and clicking fetch nzb or by adding a bookmark in Newzbin.

What am I doing wrong???

EDIT: I dont think its acting any different than before I grabbed sabnzbX??

You need to tell SABnzbd to look in the Downloads folder.

I wrote a bit of a 'howto' for SABnzbd in another thread.

thx Soss..sorted.

One other question...

If I set the Mac to sleep and then I remotely create some bookmarks on Newzbin..will Sabnzbd wake up the mac and download or does it remain in sleep mode until its manually woken up??

Last edited:
It will remain asleep as you have done nothing to notify the mac of the new feed, what you need is a service that can ping your mac when a change to the RSS is made.

You may find it better to just add the nzb file via the web interface

It will remain asleep as you have done nothing to notify the mac of the new feed, what you need is a service that can ping your mac when a change to the RSS is made.

You may find it better to just add the nzb file via the web interface

Thats my next challenge..to try to configure everything so I can do just that. Although I aint too sure whats required tbh.

One other question...

If I set the Mac to sleep and then I remotely create some bookmarks on Newzbin..will Sabnzbd wake up the mac and download or does it remain in sleep mode until its manually woken up??

Remains in sleep. You can use Logmein on the Mac to wake it from any PC/Mac that has web access.

One other question...

I just let my screen sleep and not my mac. SAB works then.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom