Saab 9-3 and Ipod

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by Diving Bear, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Diving Bear

Diving Bear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am in the process of buying a new Saab 9-3. I am told by Saab that it's in car system is compatible with Ipod (I have a 4th gen 40gb). I have seen on the internet that Saab have out an integration system for Ipod similar to that in BMW.

Does anyone know anything about this and if I am going to have any issues in connecting the Ipod to the car system?

Many thanks

2. buzlightyear

buzlightyear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    ive got a 9-3 and basically it has a AUX in located under the arm rest (there is quite a big pocket under there,it fits my Archos 340 nicely, the only stereo system that had that option when i bought mine nearly 2 years ago was the ES13 option with the colour screen, this might be different now though. So any source with a headphone out will work fine.

3. Diving Bear

Diving Bear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so, you plug the ipod into an input socket in the armrest. No way that you can control the ipod ffrom the wheel? It simply allows you to inout music into the car system from the iPod, am I correct?

4. buzlightyear

buzlightyear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    The iPod volume will not be ajustable from the steering wheel, the whole system volume only , ive got the archos at near to full volume and turn the volume up and down via the system, changing the tracks etc from the archos. I could be wrong but i think this is what Saab mean as Ipod integration, its just the mp3 player with a name that everyone knows. Its always been on the high end audio system (unless you live in the states) and i guess saab are now advertising the fact now BMW are. Works well though. I cant find anything on the Saab website about it. Enjoy the car too, go and find some twisty roads and have fun.

5. jtf

jtf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    try the dension ice link

6. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Saab 9-3 rocks, I have the 9-3 Aero convertible, and it handles very sweetly, much better than the old model, not enough feedback through the steering though :(, but that is my only gripe. Lovely car :D :devil:

If anyone tells you it is a glorified Vectra, tell them to go away, I've driven many Vectras with and without 'sports' suspension, and it is in no way shape or form anywhere near as good as the Saab.

Enjoy it :D :smashin:

7. Diving Bear

Diving Bear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried a lot of the 'small executive' cars before going for the Saab. I like the drive and the package of stuff you get with it. My only gripe is that they can't deliver before april! :mad:
    Hoping I can get the Ipod to work in it as the Saab delearship don't seem to know much about it. Have looked at hte denison ice and that looks intersting

8. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +180
    Alpine do proper integration in their new units via an adaptor box...can control the ipod from the headunit...it's not just an AUX in, my 4 year old headunit had an AUX in :)

9. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Problem with the new Saab 9-3's though, is that upgrading the factory fitted stereo is near impossible, due to all the fibre optic connections used.

I wanted to change my stereo system and was told it was not possible as any head unit I installed would be incompatible :(:( :mad: oh well, good thing the standard system sounds quite decent :)

10. pezzer

pezzer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What manufacturer is the saab head unit?