1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S97 Setup Question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Guy10, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Guy10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi All

New Panasonic S97 - got the video connected via HDMI to a pioneer panel - looks lovely.

But I can't get the sound to work right - I'm feeding it via 6 phono leads to a denon 1100....The front centre is OK and the rear left and right are OK, sub is OK, but there's no output from front left and right.

Have gone through all setup options...when you choose multi sppeaker it drops you into a speaker test program that cycles round the speakers....it does...no sound from front left and right....but although the sub is shown in the graphic it doesn't cycle through that (a clue?)

I've turned the HDMI audio off, changed all the bitstream settings to PCM...no joy...reinitialised factory settings....no joy.

(Yes, I've double double checked the phonos are in the right sockets, and the amp worked fine using these inputs on my last DVD player)

Any ideas?