S95b service menu settings - brightness increase?

Ottokern

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi. I bought the s95b recently. Since update 1302 was forced on me I'm not happy at all with hdr peak brightness.

I have discovered a few options in the service menu that might at first glance have to do with it. Under control - - > QD options there are settings labeled 'isp global brightness' and 'isp local brightness'. Does anyone know if this actually has to do with brightness? Are there any other settings in the service menu that will increase brightness?

I don't want to mess around with the settings without knowing what they actually mean)

I doubt if anyone will be able to answer your question here, I hope they will, but if not you will need to go to the 'other forum, as they've been accessing the service menu..

Hi. I bought the s95b recently. Since update 1302 was forced on me I'm not happy at all with hdr peak brightness.

I have discovered a few options in the service menu that might at first glance have to do with it. Under control - - > QD options there are settings labeled 'isp global brightness' and 'isp local brightness'. Does anyone know if this actually has to do with brightness? Are there any other settings in the service menu that will increase brightness?

I don't want to mess around with the settings without knowing what they actually mean)
Don't play with service menu if you Don't shoot Pic or videos you can brick easily your TV.

If you want play I suggest you to buy second hand spare motherboard just in case. And play with spare parts.

Samsung tv have a service menu entry counter. If you mess up with something, you can loose your warranty, if repair center are "smart enough" they can check it and refuse your warranty because you entered to service menu.

Samsung tv have a service menu entry counter...

And a LOG of all the changes/actions you have done using the service menu ....

And you cana ctually access that log on the service menu and see not only that someone entered the service menu but also what actions were done there .... so yes .... it will VOID THE WARRANTY.

None what so ever have been refused warranty claims after the SM has been accessed. Plenty have done so.
Often as not the affect the 13xx firmwares have on peak brightness is overstated anyway.

If technicians are "too smart" they can check it, and Yes you can loose your warranty. I know some people that they loosed warranty because they changed local set. Why do you think there is counter and log?

In theory yes, but in practice, nope. Yes if you've messed up the TV by changing SM settings of course they'll refuse the warranty.
Show me a 'smart' Samsung technician lol...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom