S7 help - screen overlay???

imightbewrong

Outstanding Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Installed a Nest yesterday. Set up the app on my G3 no problem. Went to set it up on SWMBO's new S7 - when I try to enable location access for the app it says "screen overlay detected - disable it in app settings" then takes me to a setting called "apps that can draw over other apps" or something and there is a list of apps none of which are Nest?

Can anyone help me understand what on earth this is all about? What is Screen Overlay? How do I turn it off? What has it got to do with location settings???

This is apps which appear over others. Last time I had this error it was the pop up circle for Facebook messenger. I fixed the problem by closing the circle.
You can either close the app over the top, if you can find which one it is, or disable all the "apps that can draw over other apps", allow the Nest location permission, then change the settings back to what they were before.
You could also find which app is causing the problem by disabling the setting one by one until you find the one that will allow you to change the location permission.

Having done some more research I think it is taking about the app SWMBO uses for darkening the screen. Will try disabling that later and having another go. If it isn't that I will try them all :)

No idea why it prevents me from altering the locations setting for Nest - is it a bug or a feature?

Yes this was it. I took the 'write over other apps' permission away from Twilight and was then able to add ' location' permission to Nest. Random!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom