S6 Edge+

davema1kin

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I couldnt see any threads reagarding the new S6 Edge+, and as I have just pre-ordered mine for delivery 4th Septemeber through carphone warehouse on Vodafone, I thought I would create one.

a quick video review

and a quick unboxing

I am coming from a Note 3 and the initial plan was to go to a Note 5, although now I have ordered the Edge+ I am quite looking forward to the change.

Does anyone with a the S6 Edge have any good apps to use on the edges of your Edge?

I have the Edge, the screen is stunning with the edges but its a fairly pointless feature in my opinion. I use one called Kick for footy updates. I think a recent update allowed me to put 5 or 6 favourite apps on a vertical dock, you touch a small area of the edge to bring up the menu.

My own opinion is that if you are expecting the Edge to be really useful, you may be disappointed but if you just want a very sexy looking phone with a bit of a novelty factor then its a winner.

I like the look of the Edge+, ill have to see it in person but might upgrade at some point.

I have the Edge, the screen is stunning with the edges but its a fairly pointless feature in my opinion. I use one called Kick for footy updates. I think a recent update allowed me to put 5 or 6 favourite apps on a vertical dock, you touch a small area of the edge to bring up the menu.

My own opinion is that if you are expecting the Edge to be really useful, you may be disappointed but if you just want a very sexy looking phone with a bit of a novelty factor then its a winner.

I like the look of the Edge+, ill have to see it in person but might upgrade at some point.

Cheers for that.

With all the rumours before they announced both phones, it looked like the edge+ would be a lesser spec'd phone, so I was definitely getting the note 5. After the announcement of both being almost identical and with no European note 5. It really was a case of swapping the limited amount I use the note 3's Spen for something new with the edge.

No problem, overall I really love my phone. Im usually android but had been in the iPhone 6 for 6 month before getting the Edge. My only regret was being one of the fools who got it on release and paid over the odds, think it was something like £759 at the time.

I want one so much but can't currently justify it. beautiful phone, and as a 6+ user, love the large screen
someone please give me 759 reasons to stand strong and resist!

I've pre ordered mine too, bought a spigen case just waiting to be filled with it!

I am tempted by the +. Ticks all the boxes, shame it has touchwiz but can use another launcher. Just waiting to see what the new moto style and nexus are like before I take the plunge

Phone is out for delivery this morning and is being delivered to work which is a bonus :)

I had a 64gb pre-ordered at Amazon for £680 but cancelled this morning. While I've read lots of reviews from main stream sites, I'm going to wait a bit longer. Want to read more reviews from users and I'm sure the price will drop in the coming months soon.

quick first impressions - the screen is bloomin lovely looking, but boy does the whole object pick up fingerprints.
I haven't done anything other than the initial setup and it is still installing apps at the moment. I shall have a good play with it over the weekend and feedback monday. I do love new phone day :)

I've ordered from cpw for instore pick up had the despatched email yesterday. Anyone know if its next day to the store

I would imagine so, I had the dispatch email last night. Then a tracking email to say it would be here between 10.05am and 11.05am, bang on 10.05am it arrived.

I have got the gold Edge plus but not sure whether to take it back and get the black version as I am a older phone user I think the gold one is a bit over the top what others think ?

Does anyone know if the Edge Plus will come in Emerald Green like the normal Edge? Looking to get one soon but if it is coming out in Emerald Green am happy to wait.

How you guys finding the S6+ then?

Sorry I haven't been back to give you a verdict. The phone really is a lovely bit of kit. I am having a slight problem with mine with connecting to the wifi, it sees the network and put the password in but it just cycles like it is trying to connect but nothing happens. CPW have agreed it is a problem and will be replacing it when they manage to lay their hands on a black 64gb verison for me. other than that though I have no complaints.

Sorry I haven't been back to give you a verdict. The phone really is a lovely bit of kit. I am having a slight problem with mine with connecting to the wifi, it sees the network and put the password in but it just cycles like it is trying to connect but nothing happens. CPW have agreed it is a problem and will be replacing it when they manage to lay their hands on a black 64gb verison for me. other than that though I have no complaints.

Rather than waiting for a replacement you should get a refund and order from mobile phones direct- assuming you bought it sim free.

The 64GB is currently in stock and much cheaper than the CPW price.

Best Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge + Black Pay Monthly Contract & SIM Free Deals | Mobile Phones Direct

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom