• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

s570 issue

yelling

Standard Member
Wondering if anyone else had issue with the s570 sony. It's my first blu ray player connected to 32p3020 Sony TV. It has been working fine by on a couple of occasions is has caused the picture to corrupt. It's hard to describe but the picture is darker and redder and has a noticeably blurring affect. This affects everything blu rays, tv and games console. This has usually corrected itself but it now appears to be stuck rendering everything unwatchable!!

Wondering if anyone had any advice on things to try. I tried the obvious but am open to ideas!!

yelling

Standard Member
Further info -

Seems that the s570 has got the tv stuck in a resolution that it either doesn't like or doesn't support. Tried turning on and off. Interesting completing disconnecting the blu ray from the tv doesn't help the tv is still all blurred. Could be the tv but bit unlikely considering i've only recently bought the blu ray.

Any one had a similar problem with a blu ray tv combo - compatibility issue.

EyesOnly

I think it might be coincidence that your TV has stopped working properly since getting your new blu-ray player. Especially as the TV shows a corrupted picture with the blu-ray player disconnected and with a games console and normal TV.

Time to get the TV repaired or a new one I think.

Hope that helps :smashin:

yelling

Standard Member
Cheers for the reply!

Seems a bit too much of a coincidence to me! The tv is only 2.5 years old (is the p3020 a problem tv?) and worked no probs until blu ray came along. This is half the issue what to replace the tv or blu ray?

Going to try a new HDMI lead as it's might be cheap fix but do not hold out much hope really as this should'nt affect the standard tv.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom